Thursday 20 January 2022

#JusJoJan22 - 20th January - Looking


Details of the challenge can be found here.  Today's prompt is looking.

One of the things I find so frustrating is when you're looking for something that you know has to be in the house somewhere but it remains elusive.

I lost my passport once.  It had to be in the house.  I knew I hadn't taken it out but it never did turn up.  I searched everywhere.  I eventually concluded that it was probably on the kitchen table at some point and got thrown out with old newspapers by accident.

We lost a set of car keys like that too.  Well at least we assume we did.  The keys used to be left on top of the fridge in the kitchen.  Next to the fridge on the floor was a box we used to put recycling in before taking it out to the collection bin.  The car keys vanished and we can only think they must have got knocked into the recycling box and then out into the bin.

Fortunately we had two sets of keys so we were left with one and that was mainly ok.  Until just before we moved house in 2020.  I was just looking back as I thought I had written about this but it seems not.

So we were packing up the last of our things and preparing to move the next day when I despatched hubby to the local council run tip.  This is where you can take all sorts of rubbish, especially things that the ordinary refuse collectors won't take.  Great when you're moving house and realise how much rubbish you have accumulated over the years. The tip has specific areas for specific things e.g. wood, glass, general rubbish etc.  Hubby dumped some stuff into a dumpster and then realised he had dropped the only remaining set of car keys in too!

You can imagine the panic this generated.  Fortunately the guys at the tip were very understanding and helpful in retrieving the keys.  I dread to think what would have happened if they hadn't been.

Now we have a different car and two sets of keys.  One of which reside safely in a secure place!

I'm currently on the hunt for the funnel of a duplo train.  We have a duplo train set from when our kids were little and now the grandkids are loving it too.  The set has two train engines which both had funnels.  They were both there when we got the set out after we moved but now we only seem to have one.

Am I the only one that finds this frustrating or are you the sort that keeps looking for non-essential things too?

4 comments:

  1. I seem to always be looking for something! Joe could always find lost things, including an earring I dropped some where. He was so good at it. I have tried to channel him a few times! LOL I enjoyed your post, Wendy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just loved this Wendy, I am good at placing my garden tools all around. I found one in my compost bin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are certainly not the only one you have a big rival ! That's me ! I lost my mobile phone and found it 3 years later when we replaced the sofas ! I am always in war with keys and sometimes I find them a year later. I lost a pair of shoes and never found them again, maybe the moving company found them. Sometimes I think I am like a hamster I take things and put them in places only I forget where I have put them. My glasses I often wear on the top of my head and look in all rooms to find them !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, definitely spend time looking for things that don't matter.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.