Sunday 2 January 2022

#JusJoJan22 - Sunday 2nd January 2022 - Gobbledygook


Day 2 of the challenge and already I'm talking nonsense or in this case Gobbledygook as that's today's prompt.  Click here for the home of the challenge.

I'm used to hearing gobbledygook.  Even before she succumbed to Alzheimer's my Mum would often forget words and would talk about the thingymajig or thingymabob or the whatchamacallit.  And of course she would expect us to know exactly what she was referring to.

My husband often messes about and talks absolute gibberish, often in a German accent or will switch letters from the beginning of words although of course that's spoonerism rather than gobbledygook.  He can also recite the words of "How much is that doggy in the window" backwards which definitely sounds like gobbledygook.

I of course do none of these but I am good at waffling.  I mean what's the point of telling a story in a couple of sentences when you can use lots and lots of words with none of them being gobbledygook?

And for those of you who are used to me writing mainly about my family here's a cute pic I snapped today of Grandsons Rory and Vinny.  They came to dinner and were watching The Snowman.


 

6 comments:

  1. Your grandsons are darling. That is such a cute picture. Hope the first of January is a good one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, those boys are so adorable!! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snowman! No gobbledygook...just pure magic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's not a word for me probably not in a dictionary neither ! I spent my time to take off everything which reminded me Christmas and New Year ! After that I felt better. Your grandsons are real cute watching TV !

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.