Monday 17 January 2022

#JusJoJan22 - 17th January - Joy


Go here for all the details of the Just Jot it January challenge.

Today's prompt is Joy.

Hmm not sure about having the prompt of Joy on what apparently is "Blue Monday".  If you've not heard of Blue Monday - it's supposed to be the day when we're feeling low.  The celebration period is over, we're still stuck in Winter so I guess it's easy to feel a bit blue.

However I also think that naming a day like this almost gives us licence to be miserable on the day and demotivated.  Not what I want to be doing but I can't claim to be particularly joyful.

I've had one of those days where I haven't been very productive - I allowed myself a long lie in with a new book.  Once I was up and about I had to get myself over to my daughter's new house.  The plan was to do some cleaning - they've had some decorating done prior to moving in and the house is soooo dusty at the moment.  Well by the time I was ready and stopped off at the supermarket to pick up some lunch, it was time to eat that lunch.  Before I'd got very far with cleaning the plumber arrived to advise on some pipework issues that fortunately turned out not to be an issue but that took a while. With me so far?

Before I could blink it was time for my daughter to pick up Grandson Nathan from school and head home to her current home and she didn't want me staying on to clean on my own so I headed home too.

I should really then have taken the opportunity to go for a walk.  It was chilly today but sunny.  I actually took time to finish reading the book that I'd started this morning.  Yes it was a fairly short book and it was quite apt for Blue Monday.  It was a very dark book.  (This Little Family by Ines Bayard.)  I'll post a separate review of the book but it is not a book that brings joy.  I might have to go and find some cute kitten videos on YouTube to improve my mood.  Or maybe I'll just go and get some sleep and dream about kittens instead.

I hope your day has had some joy in it.

Actually mine did have a couple of joyful moments:


A screenshot of a video of Grandson Noah pushing his brother Miles around the kitchen.  

Plus lovely news that another of our nieces has just got engaged.


1 comment:

  1. I haven't had a 'lie-in' in so long. I am jealous!! I'm reading the 9th Outlander book and it is over 900 pages. It is good but I find myself wanting to move it along. The boys are so cute! Have a good week, Wendy! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.