Saturday 8 January 2022

#SoCS & #JusJoJan22 - 8th January 2022


This “Stream of Consciousness Saturday” post is part of the “Just Jot it January” challenge, both of which are hosted by Linda, HERE.

The prompt for today was In the……

In the interest of full transparency, I’m typing this in bed and, because my internet seems to be playing up, I’m typing it in word and will hopefully be able to transfer it to my blog before the deadline of midnight. 

I’m also keeping a close eye on my laptop battery level as I’ve left my charger downstairs and my laptop has a nasty habit of just dying on me without giving me any warning.

It’s been one of those days. 

In an ideal world I would have been up early and out for a walk before getting my Jot done for the day.  This was going to be the plan as then we were heading over to my daughter’s house to help with sorting her stuff as she’s getting ready to move and/or providing childcare.

Of course I didn’t get up early and even if I had it was pouring with rain so no excuse needed for skipping a walk today.  I also didn’t get my jot done before we went out, hence the reason I’m now watching the clock and the battery level!

We did eventually get over to our daughter’s and we did help with some sorting and childcare.  We also brought a carload of stuff back to our house to put in our loft for the time being.  Mainly Christmas stuff and a suitcase of clothes not being worn at the moment.  They don’t have a lot of storage in their new house and the plan is to convert their loft into additional bedroom space.  Of course I’m reluctant to put too much stuff into our loft as out of sight is out of mind but, as it’s mainly Christmas stuff, (so far)  I will have no qualms about delivering it back to them next Christmas.  As for the clothes not needed at the moment – well if they don’t get needed during this coming year, when we deliver that suitcase back next Christmas my advice will be you probably don’t actually need them any more – find your nearest charity shop.

Yes I’m planning on being ruthless.  My daughter is an adult, now with her own home.  I should not be storing her stuff.  Yes she does read my blog. And yes she knows she's loved.

5 comments:

  1. It's nice that you took some time to help your daughter. Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, this is good. You're encouraging me in my plan to be ruthless with my kids' stuff. Today, I sorted out our storage area and I decided that they will each get ONE box of stuff to store. I'm sending the rest to them to deal with. Let's see how I do;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the chuckles! I do enjoy your posts, Wendy! It is way past my bedtime so, in the interest of getting some sleep tonight, I am off to bed! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading your post, Wendy, i have the same situation here with children storing their stuff temporary but for some reason it has become permanent, which will soon change to gone! ~wink~ Thanks for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice how you worked in the prompt...

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.