It's Friday again so time for a round up of the 5 things I'm grateful for this week for Friday's Fave Five while also including reference to today's prompt for the Just Jot it January challenge which is Freckled.
1. Well I've gone for a snowy picture for the FFF but we haven't had snow this week. It has however been cold. Cold enough for frost some mornings but I'm grateful because we've also had clear skies and sunshine.
2. I've managed to drink the content of my water bottle on most days this week. I didn't quite finish it every day but just drinking some is progress for me. Hopefully as my body adjusts it will stop sending me to the toilet quite so often!
3. I'm currently reading American Dirt which I'm finding a challenge. But it's a good challenge as during the last year, although I read a lot of books many of them were Chick Lit, Romances or Crime Thrillers, many by favourite authors of mine. I wasn't really challenging myself at all. It's good to be reading something out of my comfort zone again.
4. Good TV. There have been lots of good dramas on the TV recently, some of which Hubby and I have enjoyed watching together. We are quite different in our tastes so it's nice to find things we can sit down together and watch - even if sometimes we end up binge watching something and going to bed much to late. (Last night we finished the latest series of The Bay and I'm paying for the late night today.)
5. Being able to see so much of our grandchildren. Ella was here today and we also had Nathan here after school for a bit. Ella is getting very chatty and she's always happy to see Grandpa. She's usually happy to see me but I know she associates me with Mummy going out so I'm not her favourite grandparent. I snapped these photos at lunchtime:
So lots to be grateful for but not a freckle in sight.
Have a good weekend all.