Wednesday 12 January 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge & #JusJoJan22 - 12th January 2022


Using the Hodgepodge to double as my jot again today.

Details of how the Hodgepodge works can be found here.

Details of the Just Jot it January challenge can be found here.

1. What do you wish you'd done more of last year? Less of? 
More of would of course be normal things like going out for a meal, meeting up with friends and family.  Taking a vacation.  Less of would be washing my hands!  And worrying about Covid.

2. What's the tallest building you've ever been in? Do you have a fear of heights?
I don't have a fear of heights and I think the tallest building I've been to the top of is the Chrysler building in New York. 

3. Do you have a word for the year? Elaborate if you'd like to elaborate. 

I do not and I haven't continued my list of things to do in the year either.  The pandemic has made this very difficult so I decided against giving myself too many challenges this year.

4. January 11 is National Milk Day...are you a milk drinker? What kind? Your favorite recipe that calls for milk (cereal doesn't count)? 

I am not really a milk drinker.  I can remember being given cartons of milk at school and they always tasted horrid to me.  I do occasionally have warm milk at bedtime or hot chocolate and I have no problem with milk on cereal but a glass of milk?  No thanks.  I think homemade custard comes high up on the list for favourite recipe as that would usually be an accompaniment to a yummy dessert but I also like a good homemade lasagne which needs milk for the bechamel sauce.

5. What excites you most about the future? What do you miss about the past? 

It's hard to get too excited about the future during a pandemic but I am enjoying watching my grandchildren grow and hope I can do that for many years yet.  As for the past I miss the people we've lost.  I'd want to ask them more about their lives.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I'm trying to get this finished without falling asleep.  Wednesday is the day I look after Grandson Vinny and, although he is a delight, it is tiring having him all day plus transporting him from my son's home to here and back as my son is, like so many others, currently working from home and in their small flat it's impossible to do that with a 16 month old toddler running around.  And he is almost running.   He keeps me on my toes!  This evening we had a zoom call with quite a few of hubby's siblings (6 out of the 8) for well over an hour which was lovely but required quite a lot of concentration and then we watched the first episode of the new series of "The Bay" - a police drama set in Morecambe Bay which is in the north east of England.  We enjoyed the previous series and it's nice to find a series we both like.

So all in all a good Wednesday here.

Oh and the prompt for the jot challenge today was Clutter.  Thankfully, having moved house just over a year ago I don't have much of that but there is still room for improvement.  Isn't there always? 



5 comments:

  1. Yum, homemade custard. That sounds lovely. We are all hoping for the day we can leave this pandemic behind us! May it be in 2022! Running after toddlers is sooo tiring and rewarding, too. I do enjoy putting my feet up after our little grands go home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I answered the same that I miss people in my family that have passed. And I agree that I just hope my nieces and nephews have a wonderful world to raise their children in. Finger's crossed! Great answers - have a great rest of your week Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be exhausted looking after a toddler for an entire day. Oh my goodness. Wendy! Joyce gave us another fun Hodgepodge. It is always a sweet visit here! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toddlers, even grandchildren, are so exhausting for me anymore. I almost always insist my husband be here for reinforcement. The hodgepodge is always fun to read. I might have to join in one of these days. I'm terrified of heights, (hate driving or walking across bridges). I do love milk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to see if there's some way I can watch "The Bay" here in the U.S. We prefer British tv over ours because ours is just not good! The Brits definitely know how to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.