Saturday 15 January 2022

#SoCS & #JusJoJan22 - 15th January


As it's Saturday the prompt for the Just Jot it January is also the SoCS prompt and it is:  "A rainy day"

Well this is hardly a stream of consciousness post as I've sat down to write it several times today and got distracted every time.

The first time was this morning when, although it wasn't a rainy day, the paths in the garden were wet from the frost we had overnight.  I got as far as getting the pictures in place and then went off to do something else.

The next time I sat down it was bright and sunny out so I decided that maybe I should get myself showered and dressed and go for a walk.  Of course by the time I was ready the sun had disappeared behind an overcast sky although it did look dry.

Eventually when I did get out, to make a trip to the library, it was actually very miserable and there was definitely a dampness in the air - but still no rain.

If it had been a rainy day I probably would have just stayed in bed with my new library books. 

To see the rules of both these challenges and what others make of a rainy day go here.


4 comments:

  1. The heavy rains this morning, here in central Florida, brought a cold front in and spawned tornadoes in southwest Florida. The sun keeps peeking out now but it is still overcast and gloomy outside. Good day to get some laundry done. Have a good week ahead, Wendy!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That doesn't sound like typical Florida weather. Hope it improves

      Delete
  2. Happy Day Dampness Day to you Wendy, we had that same damp feeling,but the possibility of snow. My husband and I both say, the damp makes us feel more cold then a cold day with sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'd rather have a colder day but sunny than the damp

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.