Sunday 30 January 2022

#JusJoJan22 - 30th January - Prepare


The prompt for today is prepare.  For details of the challenge go here

I'm the sort of person who likes to prepare.  I don't always do it as well as I'd like though, for example if I'd been better prepared I would have had all my Just Jot it posts done in advance and scheduled to post on the relevant day.  Instead of which, particularly the last few days, I've been composing posts at the last minute.

Sometimes that's fine, as in doing a post that also fits in with the Stream of Consciousness Saturday posts, but when you're really tired after helping your daughter and her family move house having to put a post together when you really want to be in bed is a bit tricky.  I apologise for the lack of quality in many of my recent posts but I was determined to post something every day in January and there is just one more day to go! 

That goes for the moving saga too.  Tomorrow is the last day my daughter and family have their old house which was rented.  The cleaners are coming in the afternoon so that it's left clean and tidy and then the keys have to be handed back.

Of course that's only half the story because there is still lots to be done at the new house - many boxes still to be unpacked and things to be found homes for, new surroundings to explore and get used to.  That of course takes time.  

We're still adjusting to our new home and surroundings and we've been here over a year now.  But then we did move during a pandemic which presented us with lots of challenges, most of which we were ill prepared for.  Had anyone warned me of what was to come back in 2020 though I don't think I would have believed them!


8 comments:

  1. It has been hard to prepare for life in general over these past two years. Moving in the middle of a pandemic was courageous and you did great! The kids are doing it too. Life does go on and we learn to make adjustments to get it done. Have a good week ahead, Wendy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think anyone was prepared for what started two years ago! Life is stranger than fiction. You must be breathing a big sigh of relief that the move is done. It does take a lot of time to settle in, but hopefully there won't be as much pressure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Karen they have time to settle in now and hopefully we won't be needed as much.

      Delete
  3. You must have loads of stamina to even contemplate writing a post after the physical work of helping after the move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure about the stamina but thankfully my brain was just about still working lol

      Delete
  4. Hope all is going well and everyone will be settled soon.
    That is great you are able to help your children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being able to help them Carla but it's been hard work!

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.