Friday, 22 April 2016
Friday's Fave Five 22/4/16
It's Friday so it's time to join in with Suzanne's Fave Five. Click on the picture above to visit her site and see who else is playing.
My five for this week are:
1. No more empty nest. My son and his wife moved back in at the weekend. They'll probably be with us for about 18 months while they try and save enough money to get their own place. It makes no sense for them to continue renting when we have all the space here. But of course it will be a learning curve as we get used to living with one another. Fortunately I get on well with my DIL and they are both working full time so we won't see an awful lot of them. But it's good to have the company.
2. Bluebells. I mentioned last week that we wanted to get over to our local woodland park but didn't make it. This week we did.
Just in time too as the bluebells were just starting to wilt a bit.
3. Birthday dinner - it was hubby's birthday on Monday and we went out for a meal at a Chinese restaurant on Saturday with our youngest son and his wife and my daughter and her wife. It was lovely but I ate way too much!
4. Time - I'm loving having time to do the things I want to do. I've been busy with the A-Z blogging challenge and doing more reading and I'm working on my cooking (see below). Life's too short to worry about the chores and the things that need doing in the house!
5. Cooking. Having my DIL living with us now has made me aware that I need to up my cooking game a bit. But that's a good thing because I've wanted to do that for a while. Left to my own devices I would cook the same things over and over, probably why hubby has taken over doing a lot of the cooking. I'd also avoid cooking recipes with things I don't like - or imagine I don't like. So I'm trying to be more adventureous and less repetitive. Yesterday I cooked chilli con carne from scratch. Not particularly a favourite of mine as I'm not a lover of pulses but I'm gradually getting used to them. It seemed to go down well.
Have a great weekend all and if you're looking for today's A-Z post you can find it here.