Saturday 23 April 2016

SoCS 23/4/16 - Ta

https://lindaghill.com/2016/04/22/the-friday-reminder-and-prompt-for-socs-april-2316/
Saturday again and time to join in the fun of SoCS.  Click on the picture to hop over to Linda's blog for all the info and links to others taking part.

Linda has been kind enough to give us another link that could be used for the A-Z challenge for anyone stuck for a post.  The link is "ta" - The word, “ta,” is British slang for thank you: use it this way, or find any other word that starts with those two letters. Enjoy!

Well my A-Z post is already up so I'm just going to say a big TA to all those who have dropped by my blog during the challenge and left me comments.

Some are regular followers (you know who you are) others are new from the challenge but keep coming back!

But here's the thing, it's hard to keep up with doing the posts, and responding to comments AND visiting other blogs AND doing the regular fun stuff like SoCS, the Hodgepodge (thank goodness Joyce gave us a week off this week - she's taking part in the challenge too) and Friday's Fave Five.  I've given up on commenting on the news each week.  Not enough hours in the day.

And I struggle to keep the thread of comments straight.  It's fine on Wordpress because although I don't blog on that format I can keep track of who has seen my comments and replied to them.  On Blogger, which is where I blog, I now have my comments set so that I can reply to them on the posting but have no idea if people follow them.  In the same way, when I comment on someone else's blog I don't sign up for e-mail notifications of follow up comments as my in box is already usually full of posting notifications so it's hard to know if someone has responded to a comment or not.

OMG I am so waffling on.  It's getting late and I need to get this up before I turn into a pumpkin.   I also need to go answer some comments and say TA!

3 comments:

  1. Ta - love that! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm probably going to spend the week after the Challenge just catching up on comments, both replies to the ones people have left me and the ones I want to leave for others. About 200 or so blogs that I follow are A to Z related, which means there are a lot of blogs to comment on. I'm going through today and trying to empty my Pocket queue.

    Blogger has to have the worst method of keeping track of comments, both for the blogger and for the commenter. When you comment, the only way you can get follow-up comments is by email, and Blogger emails every comment starting with the one you left, whether or not they're part of the conversation you started. It's one of the reasons I chose Wordpress when I set up my blog, that and pingbacks (which don't exist on Blogger). Wordpress has its faults, true, but I seem to work better with it.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.