Wednesday 27 April 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge 27/4/16



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at 

Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
Have fun!

Today's A-Z post is here.
 

1. This is the last Hodgepodge in April. Share something you learned this month. 
If you think you're prepared for something, think again.

2.  It's National Poetry Month, and we all know you can't escape an April Hodgepodge without a little poetry. Keeping the first line as is, change the rest of the wording in this familiar rhyme to make it your own - 'Hickory Dickory Dock...

Hickory Dickory Dock
The clock is saying stop
My heart says no
I have to go
And finish off just one more blog!

3. What were one or two rules in the home you grew up in? Growing up, did you feel your parents were strict? Looking back do you still see it that way? 
We always had to remember our manners. Please and thank you. Yes I think my parents were quite strict but only because they wanted the best for us.

4. Tell us about a kitchen or cooking disaster or mishap you've experienced. Do you have many from which to choose? 
I almost set a chip pan on fire.  I had too much oil in the pan so that when I lowered the chip basket into it the oil spiller over onto the gas flame and ignited. I was lucky - turned off the gas and put the lid on.  No real harm done but when it was cool that chip pan went in the dustbin. Not had one since.

5. Plant a kiss, plant doubt, plant a tree, plant yourself somewhere...which on the list have you most recently planted? 
A kiss :)
6. What's your most worn item of clothing this time of year? Are you tired of it? 
Jeans.  Never tire of wearing jeans.

7. I'm wrapping up the A-Z Blog Challenge this month and our Hodgepodge lands on letter W. What's one word beginning with W that describes you in some way? How about a word to describe your home, also beginning with W?
That's an easy one thanks to my name!  As for my home I hope it's welcoming.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 
Expanding on #1 I too am taking part in the A-Z challenge.  This is my second year.  Last year I was winging it most days - just making the midnight deadline or NOT.  It got me back in the habit of blogging and I decided to do it again this year but to be more prepared.  I had my theme decided before Christmas and a plan in place for getting photos that I wanted to add to my posts.  Then real life intervened and the plan went to pot.  I'm doing ok but this last week is a challenge.  I'm almost there and although it's been difficult at times I don't regret signing up.  Just needed to have allowed more time.  My usual dilemma! 

8 comments:

  1. I love your Hickory Dickory Dock rhyme! That's how I feel...just one more blog and I'll stop :)
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That clock...I know how you feel. Just not enough time in the day.
    Have a great week,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos for doing the A to Z Blogging Challenge. I've done it in years past. I did not take the challenge this year for a variety of reasons. I'm glad that you liked my poetry. Thank you for stopping by my blog page and for the birthday wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your Hodgepodge poem! I've never joined the A to Z blog challenge. I'm not sure I could get it all in. W - is for 'wonderful.' I hope you have a wonderful remainder of your week, Wendy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have really enjoyed your A-Z and I also enjoyed your Hodgepodge answers today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I have definitely dropped the ball on the A-Z. I missed three letters this time, which is something I've never done. I have been too busy, and we've been traveling here there and everywhere the entire month, so it's been a little crazy trying to squeeze in blogging. At least I blogged in April. If it weren't for the challenge who knows what would have been happening on my blog. I am so behind in reading, and I so appreciate all your comments. My plan is to come back and read a bit. It will be next week though : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never tire of wearing jeans only I prefer them to be capri's.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.