Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
1. ASAP typically stands for 'as soon as possible'. What else could it stand for in your life right now?
All smiles and positivity. I'm following a couple of challenges on social media that involve mindfulness and being positive.
2. Are you the last person to speak up in a group or the first to have an idea? Why do you suppose that is? Is it a good thing or no?
I would probably be the last to speak up. I’m not particularly confident and I also like to weigh up my options before stepping in. It’s good in that I don’t jump in and put my foot in my mouth but it also highlights my lack of creativity. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, just how it is. I’m the organised one in the family.
3. What do you remember best about being 12?
Long way to look back! Lol. I was in my first year of senior school and it was tough. I’d gone from being one of the cleverest in the small pool of primary school to finding lots of competition in a huge pool. Also it was an all girls schools and some of them could be mean. Took a while to find my feet.
4. January 18th is National Winnie the Pooh Day. Which character do you relate to the most, and why? If you're stumped go here for inspiration.
Well I took the quiz and came out as Kanga which is probably about right.
5. What's an app you use that helps simplify or make life easier for you in some way?
Well looking at the apps on my phone things like the calendar, reminders, notes and weather all simplify or make life easier. I love being organised and hate getting caught out in the rain. I also have Kindle on there so if I get stuck somewhere I always have something to read. Whatsapp keeps me in touch with the family and Fitbit keeps me motivated to exercise.
Of course there are some apps (Facebook, Instagram, not to mention games) that have the opposite effect! lol
6. San Francisco (CA), San Diego (CA), San Juan (PR) San Antonio (TX) Sanibel (FL)...you have an all expenses paid long weekend to one of these destinations. Which one do you choose and why?
Well I have a French nephew in California so that’s where I’d head, to whichever was the closest to him, San Francisco or San Diego.
7. Share with us a song that makes you feel nostalgic? For what?
Can’t think of one of the top of my head but anything old that makes me think of my parents would probably have that effect.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We have a new Great Niece, Polly, born yesterday after what sounded like a fairly short and straightforward labour. That brings the number up to 9 on hubby’s side of the family.
Our expected Grandson is almost half cooked. Going shopping today for some patterns and wool! It feels like it’s going quickly but I’m sure my daughter wouldn’t agree lol.