Friday, 6 January 2017
Friday's Fave Five 6/1/16
It's Friday so it's time to join in with Suzanne's Friday's Fave Five.
It's a place to come on Fridays and think back over your week and just post about 5 favourite things from your week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favourite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc.
If you want to take part or visit other Fave Five posts, click on the picture above to go to host Suzanne's site and check out the linky list.
Here are my 5
1. A quiet New Year. Hubby and I were the only ones home so we did our usual thing of watching some TV. Staying up until midnight but then once the noise of the fireworks had died down, going to bed.
2. New Year's Day lunch out with my daughter and her wife. They treated us to lunch as we've been helping them move and get settled in their new home. On Monday we stowed all their Christmas bits away in the loft. My daughter is still having to take things easy so lifting things up a ladder is a definite no. But she's over 16 weeks pregnant now and there's a slight bump appearing so hopefully all is well.
3. Getting back into normal routines. I love the relaxing period between Christmas and New Year but I do like routine so once everyone was back at work it was good to get back to normal.
4. Planning and cooking different meals. I often promise myself to be more organised when it comes to planning meals but mostly don't succeed, relying on trusted meals I can prepare without thinking. This week I planned the meals for Tuesday to tonight and shopped for the things I needed. We had a thai style chicken with noodles, moussaka, a vegetable casserole with dumplings and chicken pie. The chicken pie was a cheat (shop bought) but all the others were prepared and cooked from scratch. I want to get into the habit of doing this. I must also learn to remember to take photos!
5. Better habits. I'm trying to steer away from making resolutions but I would like to establish some better habits this year. I've got out most days this week for some fresh (although cold!) air. I got an electric toothbrush for Christmas so I think I'm making a better job of cleaning my teeth. I've also signed up for a couple of challenges, one here on my blog (Just jot it January) and one on instagram. Hopefully I will be able to keep these up.
As you can see, I'm trying to use my time more productively. This has been a good week but I'm sure there will be weeks when I will look back and think what did I do all day but so far so good. I have taken time for myself too, particularly for reading - I don't plan on it being all work and no play!
I hope you've had a good start to the New Year and have a good weekend.