Saturday, 21 January 2017
Friday's Fave Five 20/1/17
Well a day late for this but at least I'm here. Completely missed last week.
Click on the picture above to join in over at Suzanne's site.
My five for the last week are:
1. Bright, sunny but cold winter days. The sort it's good to get out and about on. We've had several this week.
2. Lunch with friends. Always good to catch up over a nice meal and a glass of wine.
3. Saying goodbye to an old family friend. Yes funerals are sad but when the person has had a good life as witnessed by the number of people who attended the funeral it's good to be able to reflect on that and catch up with people that you don't see very often. We did that this week for Eileen who had been friends with my hubby's Mum since they became neighbours and had their first child around the same time. 85 is a good age to achieve.
4. Saying hello to a new family member. One of our nephews became a Dad for the first time this week. Polly arrived safely on Tuesday. We haven't met her yet but thanks to social media apps we've enjoyed lots of photos!
5. Keeping up with the challenges I've set myself and cooking a new dish. I made a Peach Clafoutis yesterday for when my friends came to lunch. It's very simple to make but not something I'd done before. It was delicious - very light. Of course I forgot to take a photo. The challenge of taking more photos is probably the one that's doing the worst at the moment! Here's one I stole from the web. Looks like this one was served with cream but we had custard.
Have a good weekend all.