Tuesday 10 January 2017

#JusJoJan Day 10 - Danger

jjj-2017

 Full details of the rules etc for this challenge can be found over at Linda's site.  Pop over there to see who else is joining in.
 


The Just Jot It January 10th prompt, brought to you by Matthew over at MWLange is: “Danger.” Use it any way you like. Make sure you stop by Matthew’s website and say hello to him! https://singularfiction.wordpress.com/blog/

The prompt post is also being managed by Dan at No Facilities.  Thanks Dan for holding the fort.

Well I tend to steer away from danger.  I'm a bit of a wuss about most scary things.  Although I am the spider catcher in our house so I'm not entirely useless.  But new places, new people, amusement park rides in fact most things that require a leap of faith are hard for me.

Give me mental challenges any day over something physical.  A good crossword, logic puzzle or even a writing challenge such as #JusJoJan and I'll be there.  The danger there though is that I tend to take on too many of those sorts of challenge.  I think this partly stems from trying to keep my brain active and challenged so that I can ward off the demons of dementia.  Having had first hand experience of that (my Mum) it's something I fear.

Of course if we always thought about danger we wouldn't venture outside our front doors.  There are so many risks around us everyday but I don't subscribe to curtailing my activities just because something might happen.  Naturally I wouldn't travel to somewhere on the Foreign Office's danger list.  Equally I wouldn't have visited Paris or Brussels or anywhere else where there had been a recent attack for a while.  But I don't avoid travelling in London just because there could be a terrorist attack.  That danger is with us all the time with the way of the world at the moment.

Fortunately most of us don't experience real danger very often and I'm thankful for that. (Unless the risk of falling asleep and thus falling off a chair when reading one of my blogs that descends into waffle, such as this one is in danger of doing, could be described as dangerous.) 


You can be thankful too.  I'm going to stop waffling now!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating in #JusJoJan. I don't sense any danger here, except, maybe reading these posts past the point where I should start working. Of course, now I want waffles :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The older I get, the more I worry about dementia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having seen it first hand it's probably the thing that worries me most.

      Delete
  3. This is a really interesting post. You're right that we would never go out of the house if we thought too much about the dangers we could face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts do not put me to sleep! LOL Great post, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like danger either. I am not goood with trying new things! I keep my mind occupied to ward off loneliness as well as dementia. This was an awesome post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Except spiders, there I ran away, I never think of danger. I storm ahead and think later. So far I escaped to all dangers if there had been any. The attacks actually don't bother me at all, If I go to London and blow up in a tube or in Brussels, besides the funerals it's the same. I once met a Belgian couple in a plane they went to Tunisia, we started to talk about terrorist attacks and they said that they like to go on holidays to places where an attack had just taken place, because then the hotels and flights are so cheap !! and they are sure that no attack would happen there again so soon. Imagine, lol ! BTW if you think it over it's not logical. For example Belgians won't go to London because they fear an attack and English people won't go to Brussels because of the same reason. I think when you time has come it has come.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.