Saturday 2 April 2022

A-Z challenge 2022 - B is for Begging, of course I'm not begging.

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

Welcome to the conversations in my head with my friend Alice, previously seen in my 2019 A-Z posts and loosely based on Alice in Wonderland.  At least that's the plan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the thing Alice.  I did a theme reveal post where I told everyone that I would writing posts based on our chats and I can't do that if you won't talk to me.

Well that was presumptuous of you when you hadn’t spoken to me about it.

Yes it was and I apologise.

Did you just use the A word Wendy?

I did.

What day is it today?

Um, Saturday.

Which Saturday?

Saturday the 2nd of April.

Which means the letter for today is B.  Not A.

Well yes but I’m not using apology as my word I’m…

Oh so now you’re retracting your apology?

No!  I am sorry but that’s not what the word for this post is.

And what word will you be using for B?

Umm

How about brilliant for starters after all I am rather clever.

But clever is a C word Alice.

Then you’ll have to use brainy because that’s a B as is beautiful, bold,   

Right, so if I use all those lovely B words to talk about you Alice will you help me?  Will you co-operate?

No.  Co-operate is a C word and that’s not until Monday.  I’ll tell you another B word though, Bye.

Alice!  Alice?

Hmm I don’t seem to be making much progress with Alice.  She really doesn’t want to talk to me right now.  I suppose I can’t really blame her.   I have left her floating around in my brain for quite a while now with no interaction on my part.  I’ll have to tempt her out with something interesting.  Trouble is she’s the one with all the best ideas although not that I’d tell her that.  Her head’s big enough already.  Perhaps I could try getting her involved in the daily Wordle game that all the family seem to be hooked on.  I’m sure she could give me some good suggestions for words.  Right now though the B word I’m thinking of for Alice is belligerent.

Oi!  I’m still here and can hear every word you’re saying.  And no way am I helping you with that Wordle game.  5 letter words?  That’s beneath me.  As for what you need to be doing to get me on board well I’ll give you another B word – Begging.

Begging?  Sorry Alice I might be getting a bit desperate but I’m not begging!

Well then I’m not playing ball!

I’m glad about that it would give me a headache.  Right I give up for today.  Maybe you’ll be more amenable tomorrow Alice.

Don’t go placing any bets Wendy.

19 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have an interesting theme for this year's challenge! I have yet to play a game of Wordle. I'm afraid I'll get addicted to it and I spend way too much time on social media as it is :)

    Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

    betty
    https://benchsnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The nice thing about Wordle is that there is only one to be played each day.

      Delete
  2. Alice is quite blunt (ha, another B word you could've used) to say the least. Good luck with your conversations with her and with the rest of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She can definitely be blunt and bullish at times lol

      Delete
  3. Nice conversation. Bet you can get her to help you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure many of us have similar conversations with our other self. Good luck keeping up with the challenge. I don't think I could write a post a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha I'm not sure I'm going to keep up either.

      Delete
  5. Haha! Can't wait to see where Alice takes you. I'm loving Wordle and our family's friendly competition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are having fun with Alice!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, ha!

    Beth
    https://bethlapinsatozblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. BAHAWAAAAAAAAA...Thanks Wendy, I really needed that laugh. Thank you for the many smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So creative! 26 posts on this theme are going to be quite interesting! I like Alice :) Nice witty character you've made up! I wonder when she's going to finally come onboard!

    Cheers,
    Deepa from FictionPies

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.