Friday 22 April 2022

Friday's Fave Five - 22nd April 2022


It's Friday so it's time to link up with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and look back on the week and find our five favourite things to be thankful for.

Here are mine:

1)  It was Easter!  The significance of Easter does not escape me although I might not proclaim it loudly but it is definitely something to be grateful for.

2)  A day with my son and his family on Saturday.  They came here for lunch and later dinner and in between we walked down to the lake and park.  The weather was lovely.

Rory and Vinny are on the middle 2 swings being pushed by Daddy and Mummy.



3)  A lunch out at a country pub with our daughter and her family on Easter Sunday.  We all had a typical roast dinner and my sticky toffee pudding dessert was delicious.

4)  Lunch with Hubby's brother and his wife here today.  Because of the pandemic it was the first time they'd been to our new house.  It was nice to be able to sit and relax and chat and catch up.  Often we only see each other at bigger family gatherings and you don't get the chance to really chat.

5)  My to be read pile just got huge!


My brother-in-law was clearing out some books and he has a similar taste to me in crime/thriller books.  Some of the books he brought over I'd already read but these I haven't.  Many of the authors I'm familiar with but there are some new to me ones in there too so we'll see how I like those - eventually!

Watch out for the reviews.

And as a bonus I'm thankful still to be on track (just) with the A-Z Challenge!

Have a good weekend all. 

6 comments:

  1. Easter truly is something to be thankful for, especially if you believe in its Christian significance.
    It's so nice that you had good weather and go to spend time with your family. What a great added bonus that your brother-in-law passed along some additions to your "to read" shelf. I will look forward to your reviews! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if my comment appeared !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently not ! I wrote that it was nice to have your son and family with you for Easter, and that I have the same taste as you concerning books ! I love crime stories and thrillers. Also as film but not too bloody or like the experts who show you the content of a stomach while you eat, but more psychological once !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family time and EASTER/RESURRECTION SUNDAY is awesome and made my fave list too!
    How fun to spend it at the lake and park.
    I love books...you can never have too many!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Easter is one of my favorite celebrations. So nice that you had all that family time and look at your gorgeous weather!! What a pile of books you've got! Should keep you busy for just a little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great week! I enjoyed thinking of the meaning of Easter, too, as well as the time with family. How nice to have a stack of free books! Have you ever read Dee Henderson or Adam Blumer or Terri Blackstock? They are Christian writers who write great suspense books/crime books. It's so nice to be able to get together with other people now.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.