Monday 25 April 2022

A-Z challenge 2022 - U is for Unbelievable

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

Welcome to the conversations in my head with my friend Alice, previously seen in my 2019 A-Z posts and loosely based on Alice in Wonderland.  At least that's the plan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm what are we talking about today Wendy?

Something I heard on the radio the other day Alice.

Which was?

That when self-drive cars become a thing, as in being used on the roads by ordinary people, there is a proposal coming forward that it will be ok to watch TV while the car is driving itself.

Umm that sounds crazy.

I know Alice.  I mean you can get fined and points on your licence for using a mobile phone in your car at the moment, or basically getting caught doing anything they can claim meant you weren’t driving without due care and attention but, when you let the car drive itself you can relax and watch TV.   I never heard anything so ridiculous.

You’re not planning on getting one of these self-drive cars are you Wendy?

Absolutely not Alice.  I like driving and I certainly like to be in control.

So, if you have an accident when the car is self-driving and you’re watching TV, who are they going to blame?

Good question Alice because apparently, even when the car is self-driving you have to be ready to take back control whenever necessary.  I really don’t see the point!

Hopefully the powers that be will see sense before this gets passed but on the Government’s recent history I’m not hopeful.

This is the same Government that’s planning to send anyone who arrives here illegally, trying to claim asylum, off to Rwanda for processing.

Yes.  I think the world is going mad Alice.

Says the woman who talks to a voice in her head.

Yes Alice.  You’re pretty unbelievable too at times.

That’s not nice Wendy.  You know you can believe everything I say.

Everything Alice?

Yes.

So when I asked if my bum looked big in my trousers today you were telling the truth when you answered no?

Well….

I didn’t think so Alice.

I was just being considerate of your feelings Wendy.

That’s a first Alice.

I thought we were talking about cars, not being unkind to me.  After all I wasn’t unkind to you.

No Alice you weren’t but it’s unhelpful if you’re not honest with me.

Right.  Well if we’re being honest, yes your bum is not as small as it used to be but you are your own worst enemy Wendy.  You did not need to bring home 2 cupcakes from Nathan’s party yesterday and you know that Nick probably won’t eat his so you’ll end up eating both of them.  Yes I know you’ve already eaten one, and finished off the cheesecake from the lunch with your in-laws and that was after you’d been out for a 3 course lunch with your son!  Shall I continue?

Nooooooo

How many steps have you managed today?

Just over seven thousand three hundred.

Well you need to get off your bum and start doing some more steps.

But it’s almost bedtime.

You’re the one who’s unbelievable Wendy.  You witter on about how you need to lose weight but do very little to achieve that aim.

La la la la la can’t hear you Alice.  Night night.

Like I said, unbelievable!

14 comments:

  1. Story of so many who r trying to lose weight . Sighhh. Cheese cake and goodies...how to avoid them....this is a festive month for us now

    ..and all my workout is being wasted. Wish to resist temptations :(

    Dropping by from a to z "The Pensive"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is so hard to resist temptation at times.

      Delete
  2. I've seen a sci-fi movie where there were self-drive cars and trucks and the villain hacked into these vehicles to kill people...

    Ronel visiting for the A-Z Challenge My Languishing TBR: U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's another worrying aspect of these cars. Thanks for your visit.

      Delete
  3. Boy, that Alice is something else (grin). I hope you have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you about being your own worst enemy. I need Alice to tell me to "Get your hands out of the chocolate covered raisins."

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I love chocolate raisins but don't usually buy them.

      Delete
  5. I think I've been hearing Alice in my head saying the same things about losing weight and not exercising! LOL Have a good Tuesday and rest of the week, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to get her to shout louder lol

      Delete
  6. I was listening to the same programme as you Wendy. At first I thought it must be April 1st. It surely cannot be a serious suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it definitely wasn't on 1st April but yes let's hope someone exercises some common sense.

      Delete
  7. I think a lot of people feel as you do, that they'd like to be in control of a vehicle they're driving.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.