Tuesday 5 April 2022

A-Z challenge 2022 - D is for Devious

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

Welcome to the conversations in my head with my friend Alice, previously seen in my 2019 A-Z posts and loosely based on Alice in Wonderland.  At least that's the plan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you ever think about the adventures you had when you went down that rabbit hole Alice?

Not really.  I’d rather think about tormenting you.

What’s enjoyable about that?

Well you always rise to the bait.  You are so competitive Wendy.  I mean, take this A-Z thingy.  You’re determined to take part.  You want to have everything sorted, posts in place and so on.

But of course, that makes it easier to check out other participants.

While I languish around again?

No, we could chat about the posts I read.

You mean the posts we read.  You don’t think you have any control over what information filters through to me do you Wendy?

Umm I hadn’t actually thought about that Alice.  So how does it work?

Well I’m in your head so I get to see and hear everything that you do.  Unless of course I’ve gone to sleep.  And I’ve done a lot of that recently as there hasn’t been much going on.  Sometimes I just switch off too because what you’re reading or watching doesn’t interest me or it’s just too scary.  This war thing in Ukraine for example.  Sooooo depressing.

Yes it is which is why I haven’t been watching too much of it lately.

And there have been a lot of little people here!

Well yes and that. 

The calibre of conversation definitely goes down when the grandkids are around.  And what’s on the TV.  And your interaction with me suffers too. 

I don’t mean it to Alice but yes the little ones are demanding.

You don’t make time for me Wendy but then you also don’t make time for other things either.  Why you buy a newspaper on Saturday escapes me.  It has all those lovely sections that you could read and most of the time you just focus on that silly pub quiz.

Well we do the pub quiz as a family – I send the others the details and we try and outdo one another.

Just another example of competitiveness then?  And yet you don’t involve me.

I didn’t think you’d enjoy it Alice.  After all the questions are sometimes quite hard.

There you go again, making an assumption about me that’s totally without evidence.  I’ll have you know that if you know the answers so do I.  That’s how this thing works.

But what if I haven’t shared my thoughts on a question with you. 

Again that is not how this works.  Your thoughts are all mine whereas mine are my own.

That hardly sounds fair Alice.  Sounds very one sided.  And actually I think you’ll find that all the thoughts in my head are mine.  I’m in control here.

Don’t let’s go down the rabbit hole of being in control Wendy.  We know how that tunnel ends.

Yes, with me definitely winning.  Right I’ve enjoyed our chat Alice but I need to get this posted under D.

What!  You’re using this as one of those annoying A-Z posts?

Yes.

That’s disgusting!

No Alice not disgusting but definitely devious.

7 comments:

  1. Kind of scary to think about another person being in my head.

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can always kick her out when necessary lol

      Delete
  2. I love your sense of humor and Alice's sense of sarcasm!! So fun, Wendy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aen't you afraid that Aice is going to figure out that you're using these conversations to finish A to Z, and is going to clam up all of a sudden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, she's totally within my control really lol

      Delete
  4. I can totally relate to the competitive bit!

    Also I really like your theme.. it's very unique and frankly cool!

    Hopping in from the A-Z community,
    Dream
    https://thedreamgirlwrites.wordpress.com/a-z-2022/

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.