Friday 22 April 2022

A-Z challenge 2022 - S is for Short and Sweet

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

Welcome to the conversations in my head with my friend Alice, previously seen in my 2019 A-Z posts and loosely based on Alice in Wonderland.  At least that's the plan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short and sweet Wendy?  That wasn’t the plan.  We were going to talk about sarcasm.  At which you and I can both excel.

Well yes Alice but I’ve been busy today catching up on chores and planning the shopping order and now there is very little time to get this post updated before it automatically posts tomorrow morning.  So it’s going to have to be short and sweet.  But I also want to talk about success today.

Success?  What were you successful at?

Finding things.

Oooh what did you find?  Buried treasure?

Well I did find a £1 coin down the back of the sofa.  Along with a couple of the toy cars that I didn’t know were missing but also the red racing car that has been missing for a couple of weeks and is a big favourite of Grandson Rory.

Oh he’ll be pleased.

But the thing that pleased me most was find the missing jigsaw puzzle piece from the Thomas the Tank Engine set.

Where did you find that?

That had got pushed underneath the sofa.  It was very satisfying finding that.

Yes we all know how you hate pieces being missing from toys or games.

Well there’s nothing more annoying than doing a puzzle only to find there’s a piece missing.

Oh I can think of lots of things that are way more annoying than that Wendy?

Really Alice?  Enlighten me.

Umm I think I’m going to quit while I’m ahead.  After all you did say short and sweet tonight.

Hmmm maybe I should have stuck with the original idea of sarcasm.

5 comments:

  1. Short and sweet and also sarcastic, that is the skill of Alice ;) i always lose things in sofa or under sofa...glad u found ur treasures


    Dropping by from a to z "The Pensive"

    ReplyDelete
  2. makes me want to check the couch for hidden treasure!

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Short, sweet and such fun to read this post! I just discovered pieces of a connector toy hidden between the wall and an almirah. I can't even mention it to my toddler as she would have forgotten when she put them there and then start getting ideas of what else to add ����

    Visiting from A-Z challenge
    - momandideas.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL... but good finds!! It is always amazing what a sofa or chair can hide from us! Have a great weekend, Wendy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your joy at finding that missing jigsaw piece. It bothers me when I find a pice missing from one of the gandchildrens' puzzles.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.