Monday 4 April 2022

A-Z challenge 2022 - C is for Childish.

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

Welcome to the conversations in my head with my friend Alice, previously seen in my 2019 A-Z posts and loosely based on Alice in Wonderland.  At least that's the plan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s the start of a fresh week Alice, how are you feeling today?

Are you trying to charm me Wendy?  Because you know that won’t work.  I will talk to you as and when I feel like it, not at your command.

Don’t you think you’re being a little bit childish Alice?

How would I know?  You have me pegged as this creation from Lewis Carroll yet you want to have adult conversations that you can use in your blog.  It’s very confusing.  I don’t know how to react to you at times.

Well considering the Alice created by Lewis Carroll was back in 1865 you’d need to be forever a child or else you’d be absolutely ancient by now.  And eternal.  Although I suppose you are eternal in a way and yes, although my original idea was to use Lewis’s Alice we’ve rather moved on from there.  I like to think of you as my companion Alice.

Yes well companions tend to spend a lot of time together, even travelling together and we haven’t done much of that lately.  Not in a VERY LONG TIME!

Alice, you’re in my head, of course we’re always travelling together.  And companion also means “each of a pair of things intended to complement or match each other

Get that from the dictionary did you Wendy?

Might have done.  Dictionaries are very useful tools.

Well why don’t you go and bury your head in one of those for inspiration for your blog posts.  There will be lots of words beginning with C.

But I want your inspiration Alice.

I’m afraid I don’t believe you and all your cajoling isn’t working.  I quite liked being left alone once I got used to it.  Although sorting through all the baggage in your brain has been a bit tiresome.

What do you mean sorting through all my baggage?

Well who do you think is responsible for all the sleepless nights you have sometimes?  You know, the ones where your brain keeps whirring and you just want to find the “OFF” switch?

Ummm

See you might think you can ignore me but I’m like this little thing inside your brain that keeps popping up even when you don’t want it to.  I’m not only your muse but when I feel like it I can be your conscience ……

Giving me sleepless nights isn’t about being my conscience Alice!  That’s like torture.

It's Payback actually.

Oh I see, if I ignore you during the day you think you’ll keep me awake at night?  You need to check your own conscience Alice.  And while you’re at it maybe you would like to think about how having conversations with me enables you to be listened to by lots of people out there in blogland.

Blogland, Wonderland it’s really all the same to me.  I’m still trapped in someone’s head.  This living forever isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

10 comments:

  1. That was a delightful conversation with Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. C is for Clever. These conversations have me hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Karen... C is for Clever!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a clever theme! I have conversations in my head but they often lack your wonderful 'clarity' : ) Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.