Tuesday 26 April 2022

A-Z challenge 2022 - V is for Vinny

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

Welcome to the conversations in my head with my friend Alice, previously seen in my 2019 A-Z posts and loosely based on Alice in Wonderland.  At least that's the plan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Right so it’s Vinny’s turn to be in the spotlight today Wendy.

That’s right Alice.  Grandson Vinny is #4 in the order and he was the first to arrive during lockdown on 22nd September 2020 weighing in at just under 6 pounds (5lb 15oz) but he was over 3 weeks early.  He had an infection as well so was in hospital for about a week on antibiotics so it was a bit of a stressful time.

Yes because you had just moved house too.

On the day Vinny was born.  We had just arrived at the new house and were getting unpacked etc. when our son Michael rang to say I was needed to look after Grandson Rory as the baby was on its way.  I didn’t even get to sleep in the new house that first night.  I had to instruct Nick where to find the bedding for our bed and leave him to cope on his own.

Did he find the bedding? 

Of course.  I was very organised with the move – we’d had a long time to prepare.  But I’m digressing.

Vinny is a lovely little boy and I have him every Wednesday now both parents are back at work.

Is he good?

Well he usually is for me.  Last week for instance, the only time he got upset was when I asked him if he was ready for his lunch and he realised that, although he was ready, I hadn’t actually got his lunch on a plate yet.  He was not happy about that!  Otherwise he was fine all day, playing with the things here, napping for over an hour and enjoyed seeing the ducks at the lake.  Even the nappy changes were easy although sometimes he is a bit of wriggler and tries to escape the changing mat.

You’ll miss him in September when he goes to nursery full time.

Well of course Alice although that’s not completely certain yet.  Currently the nursery don’t have a space on Wednesdays but hopefully it will be okay by September.  Of course I will keep having him until the place is available.  Plus in September Vinny’s brother Rory will start school and the settling programme for the school means I’ll probably have Rory some days or part days at least, otherwise Michael will have to use up a lot of his leave.

September’s going to be busy then.

Yes, I won’t be taking on any blogging challenges then that’s for sure.

We’re almost there for this one Wendy.

I know, but I’m still worrying about what you’ve cooked up for the last couple of tricky letters Alice.

No need to worry Wendy.  All will be revealed.

Any hints or clues?

And spoil my fun at watching you squirm?  Definitely not!

5 comments:

  1. Your children are lucky to have a mother like you and who takes care of their grandchildren when it's necessary and you like it apparently. My mother, although she lived two streets further NEVER took Dario when he was a baby even when he was sick. When he was 4 months old he went to a private daycare which was very good, not so the public once and then I always had to hire a babysitter ! My mother told me that the responsibility was too high !! in reality she was afraid of babies ! That's why she gave me to her mother ! Crazy ! That changed when Dario was 6 then he was allowed to stay even for a week ! I remember your move with the baby's coming at the same time !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky to have a very supportive mother who set me a good example.

      Delete
  2. You remind me of my mother...can't imagine a life with out her.....i cant handle my 5yo daughter like she does...am not sure i f i can do same in future :) also Vinny is v cute . Hugs


    Dropping by from a to z "The Pensive"

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing that you are available to your kids and grandkids!! Vinny is adorable. Almost done with this year's A-Z!! Well done so far! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.