Friday 15 April 2022

A-Z challenge 2022 - M is for Miles

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

Welcome to the conversations in my head with my friend Alice, previously seen in my 2019 A-Z posts and loosely based on Alice in Wonderland.  At least that's the plan.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are we going to talk about Grandson Miles today Wendy?

Of course Alice.  We’ve already talked about Ella so we have to include Miles and when the time comes Vinny.

Go on then.

Don’t sound so enthusiastic Alice.

Well babies are boring.  They tend to feed, puke, poop and sleep.  Not necessarily in that order and sometimes they seem to miss the sleeping memo completely.

Babies yes Alice but our 3 lockdown babies, of which Miles was the second are all toddling now so much more interesting.

They’re all still really hard to understand though Wendy.

Well yes they don’t have a great deal of words yet but they do make their feelings known.

Like when they’re angry and keep screaming?  Or always saying “yeah” to everything like Vinny does?

Some of that but they also point and shake their heads or go to the highchair when they want food.

Hmmm I bet they’re not as interesting as me.

No but they can be a lot easier to deal with at times Alice.

That’s not kind Wendy.

Neither is complaining about my grandbabies Alice.  You know I love them all to bits.

And you don’t do favourites.  Yes I know.  Come on then tell me about Miles.  You don’t see as much of him as some of the others.

No well he’s the second son for my eldest son Matthew and his wife Amy who live in Nottingham.

Brother to Noah then.  See I do listen.

Yes brother to Noah. 

Anyway Miles is Grandchild #5 and he arrived on 30th September 2020 weighing in at 7lb 15oz even though he was 3 weeks early.

Goodness he’d have been well over 8lb if he’d waited till his due date.

Yes I think Amy was probably relieved he didn’t.  He’s quite the smiler although of course not when he’s ill and poor thing even got Covid at one point.  Spent a short in hospital but he’s fine now thankfully.

That must have been scary.

Definitely.  His Mummy had Covid too but they both seem to have recovered well. 

Is it hard not seeing so much of Miles and Noah compared to the others?

Of course but we’re in touch regularly and when they visit it’s usually for at least a few days at a time so that we have quality time with them.

And they get a chance to catch up with their cousins.

Yes although it’s quite hectic when they’re all here together.  Fun but hectic.  It’s good to keep in touch with cousins those.  I still keep in regular contact with some of mine and our kids love getting together with their cousins too.

I just realised I didn’t post a picture of Ella on her post so I’ll have to post one here, and of course one of Miles.  And I think that’s me done for the day Alice.

Well that was short and sweet Wendy.

Yes but I need to walk some miles too to work off the yummy cake that our DIL brought over earlier in the week.

Well you might manage 1 or 2 but I still prefer the Grandbaby Miles to walking miles.

So do I Alice, so do I!

Miles showing off his tummy


Ella ready for a walk.

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous kids! It’s difficult when you can’t see grandkids whenever you want.

    Visiting from A to Z
    Https://cassmobfamilyhistory.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the cute pictures of miles and Ella. It's scary to know that the kid also got covid. Handling babies who were born in pandemic needed double the energy I felt. However I am sure it must be wonderful time with all five.

    Dropping by from a to z http://afshan-shaik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was tricky but fortunately all of the Mums were able to have their partners with them at the births.

      Delete
  3. They are growing fast. They are both very photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie. Yes they grow too quickly!

      Delete
  4. Well done! Miles is adorable (Ella too)! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable kids there ... my son is 13 now and daughter 8... seems like they were toddlers just yesterday


    Jayashree writes

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.