Tuesday 12 April 2022

A-Z challenge 2022 - J is for Just a minute!

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

Welcome to the conversations in my head with my friend Alice, previously seen in my 2019 A-Z posts and loosely based on Alice in Wonderland.  At least that's the plan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wendy?

Just a minute Alice, I’m in the middle of something.

What are you in the middle of?

Catching up on other blogs and replying to comments.  There’s more to this A-Z challenge than just compiling my own posts you know.

I have worked that out Wendy but how long will all that take?

How long?  Um I don’t know exactly Alice but not long.

But more than just a minute which of course is only 60 seconds so you’re fibbing to me whichever way you look at it.

It’s just a figure of speech Alice.

Yes but here’s the thing Wendy.  I tend to take what you say at face value so if you say I’ll be just a minute it should mean that by the time I’ve counted to 60 I would have your attention but that’s hardly ever the case.   Just a minute could be an hour under your reckoning.  It’s all very confusing and I don’t like it.  If you’re busy just say you’re busy and will get back to me later.  Don’t give me false hope that you’ll be with me in “just a minute”

Well of course if you didn’t keep interrupting me Alice I would get it all done a lot quicker and yes it might be more than one minute but it wouldn’t be an hour.

But I thought we were supposed to be having a chat each day for your blog post.

Well we are but I also have lots of other things to do too so I have to fit you in when I can.

Charming!  I’m your muse yet you’re not treating me very well Wendy.

I’m behind Alice and I’m playing catch up.  I wanted to get a couple of posts done today and I haven’t even finished one yet.

Well you did choose to take a walk around the golf course when you could have been chatting to me but oh no you plugged those weird things into your ears and chose to listen to the likes of Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith and Adele instead.

I like listening to music when I’m walking Alice.  Did you like the music Alice?

Listening to music is not something I have a say in.  You just put it on and I can’t really avoid it.  Not unless I go to sleep.  Therefore no I did not like the music.

Oh, I never thought about it like that. 

Well you often don’t consider me so I’m using to putting up with things but I really do wish you would say what you mean in as few words as possible.

But I like using lots of words. 

That’s probably why this commenting thing is taking so long.

It’s more the linking back to the blog of the person who’s commented on my posts so that I can reciprocate but sometimes it takes a bit of navigating to find the right place.  Also once I’m on another blog it’s easy to get sucked in to reading more than one post and time just slips away.

Meanwhile I’m sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for some interaction.

Right ok Alice, you have my undivided attention now.  What shall we talk about for the letter J?

Alice?

Just a minute Wendy …….

11 comments:

  1. Alice took her revenge..now am wondering if i must or must not leave my link ;)
    Ok i wanna make Alice happy today :p

    Great post as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen, Alice, hold your horses, grinning. It's all good Alice, just relax. (more grinning)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter is like Alice in that she will also start a 60 second countdown when I say "just a minute."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kept Alice waiting too long! There is a lot more to it than posting! Besides visiting other blogs, there's that BINGO board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting back from the Road trip. < https://suestrifles.wordpress.com/2022/04/25/unwrapping-atozchallenge/>Unwrapping

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.