Monday 11 April 2022

A-Z challenge 2022 = I is for Inconvenient

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

Welcome to the conversations in my head with my friend Alice, previously seen in my 2019 A-Z posts and loosely based on Alice in Wonderland.  At least that's the plan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok Alice, what shall we chat about today?  It needs to start with the letter I.

Inconvenient.

Hmm that’s an interesting choice Alice.  What made you think of that?

That’s not the I word Wendy, that’s what it is right now.  Inconvenient to chat.

Oh, and why would that be Alice?

You do understand the meaning of the word don’t you Wendy?

Yes of course Alice but it would be helpful to know why it’s inconvenient to chat right now.  I mean is it ill-timed, inexpedient, inopportune, inappropriate or am I just irritating you?

Swallowed the dictionary again Wendy?

You still haven’t given me an answer Alice.

Let’s just say I’m making myself unavailable.

Well that is inconvenient Alice, especially when I thought we could chat about something idyllic.  Something incredible and irresistible.

Well by that description I’m assuming you’re talking about chocolate and you can’t have any.

I can have chocolate if I want Alice.

After what the scales were telling you this morning?  Well yes of course you can have chocolate but you’ll only regret it and carry on moaning about weight gain and dieting so I’m doing you a favour by not talking about it and therefore not reminding you of what you’re missing.

Do you always have to be a spoilsport Alice?

When you’re interrupting my daydreaming? Yes!

Oh so that’s what’s so important to you that makes me inconvenient?  Daydreaming?

Sometimes I just like to stop listening to you and dream about other things.

Well I think that’s a bit inconsiderate of you Alice.  You’re supposed to be helping me with these posts and you’re just being inappropriate.

Well maybe that’s because I’m becoming a little bit bored with all this talk about food that’s been going on.  I didn’t mind when you were detailing the lovely food that you had while away, but now you’re back home the talk of food is based around how to cut back on it.  That’s no fun.

Neither is being overweight Alice.  It’s not good for our health.  And neither is getting too little sleep so I’m afraid I’m off to bed now Alice so this will have to suffice for today’s A-Z post.

Hmm not sure your readers will be very impressed with this one Wendy.  You should have made it more interesting!

7 comments:

  1. Oh I thought it was very interesting and quite relatable too!

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for Impressed and I for Interesting
    I became a fan of your write ups :)

    Good day - Dropping by from A to Z - https://afshan-shaik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you dump her and get another muse?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice must be jealous or something!! LOL So fun, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.