Thursday 21 April 2022

A-Z challenge 2022 - R is for Right

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

Welcome to the conversations in my head with my friend Alice, previously seen in my 2019 A-Z posts and loosely based on Alice in Wonderland.  At least that's the plan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alice, I don’t remember choosing this word.

That’s because you didn’t, I did.

Umm Alice, who’s in charge here?

Well I don’t think either of us should be in charge.  This should be a mutually beneficial relationship.  And before you start trying to remind me of my place, yesterday you commented on how I was right about something, twice!

Well yes Alice but that doesn’t mean you can stage a takeover.

Why not?  It wouldn’t be the first time.   But I don’t want to takeover Wendy, I just want to be treated fairly and for you to do what’s right.

I’m trying to Alice but you don’t always make it easy.  Keeping me awake in the early hours of the morning or just waking me up too early won’t get me off to a good start.

I didn’t wake you up this morning, your alarm did.

Actually Alice I was already awake.  That always seems to be the case when I have to be up early for something, it plays on my mind and then I’m awake on and off all night panicking about sleeping through the alarm.

Well it might help if you went to bed a bit earlier.

Yes well then my A-Z posts wouldn’t get done.  I’m really winging it at the moment.  With Vinny here all day today there was no chance of getting this post done earlier.

What about while you were watching senseless TV for 2 hours?  You could have done it then.

I could but sometimes watching TV is just what I need to be doing.

Not when you then down to write a post and you’re tired and then grumpy.  Especially if you try and blame me for you being grumpy.

Much as it galls me to admit it you are, Alice, once again right.  I’m not sure what I’m going to do about you when this challenge is over.

Yes well we need to talk about that.  You keep avoiding the subject.  I am not prepared to be hidden away until next year’s challenge.

No I definitely need to think of a regular item that I can involve you in Alice but at the moment I’m trying to get my head around some of the trickier letters still to be covered in this challenge.

Oh don’t worry about them Wendy.  I’ve got them sorted.

Really?

Yep.  We’ll talk about them nearer the time.

Oh, we will Alice we will.  But if I don’t agree with your choices don’t be surprised to see a different word in the post title.

Well I would be surprised Wendy because that just wouldn’t be right!

Alice, just because I accepted you were right about a couple of things yesterday doesn’t mean you are always going to be right!  I’ve already decided on the word for W.  Can you guess what it is?

Wonderful?

No Alice, wrong.

Hmm I can see you’re already gearing up for tomorrow’s post.

Yes Alice you might be right about that but let’s not spoil the surprise for our readers.  Goodnight.

4 comments:

  1. Alice seems to be right most of the times! Am also curious on what your words would be in coming weeks !

    Good day

    Dropping by from a to z "The Pensive"

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...I about spat out my coffee I was laughing so hard, grin...thank you Wendy (oh and Alice). I hope both of you have a beautiful day, grinning. So, I am wondering about the word now. grin

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you're never lonely, right?

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny discussion!! I think I will miss Alice when A-Z is over!! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.