Wednesday 13 April 2022

A-Z challenge 2022 - K is for Kind(le)

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

Welcome to the conversations in my head with my friend Alice, previously seen in my 2019 A-Z posts and loosely based on Alice in Wonderland.  At least that's the plan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Psst it’s me, Alice here.  Shhhh  Wendy’s still asleep so time for me to get a post of my own done for a change.

Wendy had K earmarked for Kindle but I can’t be doing with all these electrical gadgets.  I mean, they have a habit of dying on you just when you’re at a critical point.  All these things that claim to be wireless, well up to a point.  An electric point where you have to plug them in from time to time using ummm a wire.  How is that wireless?

I’m so glad they didn’t opt for an electric car when they upgraded recently.  The worry of not being able to get to a charging point in time would have played total havoc with Wendy’s anxiety and that’s been affected enough by this pandemic things as it is.  She’s having to tackle the toilet demon again but she definitely has the upper hand.

Anyway I’m digressing.  I’m almost as bad as Wendy for that.

My word for today is KIND.  Something we all need to be, especially at the moment.  We need to be kind to ourselves.  These last two years have been extremely difficult and although our Government insists we should all be getting back to normal as if nothing’s happened and there isn’t still a deadly threat floating around out there actually things are not the same and the threat is still there.

And now we have all the energy shenanigans to cope with and the price increases, shortages and so on.  Working from home is never going to stop completely so BORIS, things are never going to be the same.  We need to adjust to the changes and give ourselves some slack.  Most of us have never been through anything like this before.

I don’t want to dwell too much on the situation in Ukraine but that’s another thing we’re having to take on board and, even though our Government is doing its best to deter refugees from coming here to the UK, come they will.

We need to be kind to other people.  Whoever they might be.  Lots of people moan about refugees taking away jobs, homes and resources from the people already here.  Refugees aren’t refugees by choice but by circumstances.  Just by virtue of where they were born or were living so many Ukrainians have had to flee their homes.  It must have been terrifying.

I can’t say much more about it anyway as Wendy isn’t watching the news much lately – it’s not very cheerful to say the least but at least we were happy to hear Boris and his mates will be fined for the parties that didn’t happen or didn’t break the rules.

Errr Alice, what are you doing?

Just writing a post about being kind Wendy.  You know doing things for others like letting you sleep a bit longer.

Hmmm why do I feel the need to proof read what you’ve written.  You’re sounding secretive.

Err it’s a bit too late for that Wendy. 

Alice…….

Wendy remember we’re supposed to be being kind!

No Alice we were supposed to write about how I like my Kindle!

6 comments:

  1. Fun post! I so agree about being kind. Something the world needs more of! As for my Kindle, I need a new one, but I do use the Kindle app on my phone. Have a good Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice finally got a chance to write! Awesome
    .all pertinent points. My theme is covid this year for a toz ....they say it's normal but i feel danger looming above heads...hope it actually gets safe. Enjoy the Kindle

    ReplyDelete
  3. These posts are fun and clever. Fuses are still so short. I feel like everyone has lost their filter and just says whatever they feel like saying. I do notice small acts of kindness though, and they seem to mean more in these troubled times. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, definitely need more kindness now. Great post.

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, Alice taking charge is kinda scary!! I would hate for her to take over your body and have the Wendy we love disappear!! She did write a nice bit about being kind though. Just watch that naughty girl!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alice is in charge! But being kind is good advice. My Kindle app is my friend when I need to mentally escape the world.

    Visiting from A to Z
    Https://cassmobfamilyhistory.com

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.