Monday 18 April 2022

A-Z challenge 2022 - O is for Outrageous

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

Welcome to the conversations in my head with my friend Alice, previously seen in my 2019 A-Z posts and loosely based on Alice in Wonderland.  At least that's the plan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alice you are being outrageous!

No Wendy I am being truthful.  Having that chocolate mousse after you’d already had a sticky toffee pudding today is being totally indulgent and won’t help you lose weight one little bit.  In fact it’s probably put another pound on your hips!

Yes but I can’t let it go to waste.

And you were too lazy to make yourself something sensible to eat.

I wasn’t actually that hungry.

That’s my point.  You didn’t need to eat anything!  Let alone calorie rich chocolate mousse.  Laziness and overeating and you wonder why you’re gaining weight!

I wasn’t lazy yesterday Alice when Michael and his lot were here.  And we walked down to the park and back.

Wasn’t exactly power walking though was it?

Well toddlers don’t walk that fast.  And even if you have them on the buggy board it’s still hard to go fast when you’re pushing two of them on the buggy.

Yes but you weren’t even pushing the buggy.

I pushed a swing.

Hardly, Elizabeth was doing most of that.

What happened to being kind Alice?

Sometimes we have to be cruel to be kind Wendy.  You need reminding that constantly eating yummy things like chocolate and not doing enough exercise will not help you lose weight.  It’s not good for you I I don’t do that.

But you’re making me grumpy Alice and you know what happens when I get grumpy.  I eat.

Right, so I should be all smarmy and say how delicious that chocolate mousse looks and wasn’t that sticky toffee pudding presented so well with the honeycomb basket on the top, just right for the scoop of ice cream in it and of course it still needed all that toffee sauce on top of the melt in the mouth toffee sponge?  Then, when you get on the scales tomorrow and they remind you that things haven’t gone well this week I suppose I should just sit back and let you lambast me for not stopping you from overindulging?

Well….

Exactly!  This is a no win situation for me.  If I try and stop you from ruining your health you moan at me and if I don’t stop you I’m still in the wrong.  And quite frankly Wendy that is what’s outrageous here!

Hmmm, I probably shouldn’t finish the last of the cake Elizabeth brought round during the week then?

Alice?

Oh dear.  I seem to have sent her off in a huff again.  Such a shame when it’s been a lovely weekend so far.  Rory and Vinny really enjoyed themselves here yesterday.  The Chicken Cobbler went down well despite the topping not cooking very well in the slow cooker (I think there was too much liquid in the pot) and I had to finish them in the oven.  But the chocolate mousse definitely went down a treat.

Vinny needed a good clean up after this lol.

Today we drove out to a village in Essex and had a nice lunch in a pub with our daughter and her family.  The weather has been lovely – warm and sunny so we were able to have our desserts in the garden of the pub which was easier with the two little ones than being in the more formal setting of the restaurant part of the pub.

It was hard to get a great picture of all of us together but it’s good to be back to doing more normal things.

Happy Easter everyone.  Oh and Alice, I know you’re still listening, you’ll be pleased to know that I only bought Easter eggs for the grandchildren this year.  Hubby and I decided we didn’t need any extra chocolate.

Well that was very noble of you Wendy.  Shame you spoilt it by buying all those bars of chocolate to make that chocolate mousse!  And yes for once I’m having the last word!


6 comments:

  1. All of us have that Alice in trying to push us away but chocolate mousse wins , hands down !!


    Jayashree writes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holidays festivals eating and wishing not to stand on weighing scale has become a regular routine from me ;( Alice has a pt. It always goes in hips....grrrr

    Happy Easter and happy eating :)


    Dropping by from a to z "The Pensive"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vinny's face says it all!! Does Alice know she will soon have no voice again? A-Z is almost over now! Always fun, Wendy!! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.