Friday 8 April 2022

A-Z challenge 2022 - G is for Grovelling

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

Welcome to the conversations in my head with my friend Alice, previously seen in my 2019 A-Z posts and loosely based on Alice in Wonderland.  At least that's the plan.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless you’ve come to grovel Wendy I’m not listening.

I’m not sure Alice.  I’ve been thinking and I might just carry on without you.  Sometimes you are just too high maintenance.

Me?  High maintenance?  You don’t know the meaning of that phrase.

Well of course I’m not high maintenance Alice.  I don’t pay a lot of attention to my clothes, a haircut seems to happen once in a blue moon at the moment and as for things like manicures and pedicures well that’s like a foreign language to me.

Whereas I always look immaculate, well-groomed and beautifully turned out.

Well you always look the same so I suppose that’s true Alice.

That wasn’t very kind!

You’re not making me feel kind Alice.   You’re making me feel grumpy and actually I could still have these conversations with you and work them into the blog.  I don’t actually need your permission.

But my co-operation would be helpful wouldn’t it?

Yes of course Alice but I am not going to grovel so the ball is in your court.

Oh, are we going to play tennis?  I love a game of tennis but of course croquet’s great fun too.

What?  No of course we’re not going to play tennis Alice, or any other sport involving a ball.  It’s a turn of phrase meaning the decision is up to you.  You can choose to be helpful or you can choose to ignore me but either way I will get these A-Z posts done.

You really are a grump today Wendy.

Yes well I’m behind schedule.  I wanted to have up to the letter H prepared and scheduled to post before I left for the Lake District and now we’re here and it’s been hard to find time to finish them.

Actually you’re way behind schedule because I know for a fact you wanted to have ALL the posts done before the challenge started and here you are trying to get me to play ball and help you with your posts while chasing around after grandchildren in the rain.  And it’s a bit unfair to not play ball with me when you were chasing golf balls around a crazy golf course today with a 5 year old!

Yes well that’s different and it was quite enjoyable in a way.

Add insult to injury why don’t you?

Now who’s being grumpy?

I totally admit to being grumpy.  You have that effect on me Wendy.  Especially when you’re still not grovelling like you’re supposed to be.  And at least I’m honest about things which is more than can always be said about you.

Are you calling me a liar Alice?

Yes so I’m not sure why tomorrow’s post is going to be about honesty.  I mean, what will you find to write about?

At this point in time Alice I have no idea!  But hopefully between us we’ll come up with something.

Between US?  Oh, so you’re expecting my input then?

Yes Alice I am.

You shouldn’t set your expectations too high Wendy then it won’t be so hard to accept disappointment.  Goodnight.

Please help me out tomorrow Alice.  Pretty please?

Is that the nearest I’m going to get to a grovel?

Afraid so.

Hmm I suppose it will have to do…….

Thanks Alice.

7 comments:

  1. So you and Alice are in the Lake District Wendy? Lucky you. For being in the Lake District. Certainly not for Alice's attempts to get you to grovel :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to attempt the challenge

    I can understand y Alice is grumpy . She deserves more attention ...after all she is helping u with a to z :)

    Dropping by from a to z http://afshan-shaik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely time of the year to visit the Lakes. At least you won't have much packing to do for Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun reading these conversations, Wendy


    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Alice can be quite the pickle, can't she!! Glad you sort of made up and she will be around for the next letter!! Always brilliant, Wendy!! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.