Sunday 10 April 2022

Grateful for Sundays! 10/4/22


Yes I know the post title is Grateful for Sundays and the picture is for Friday's Fave Five but regulars will know I usually join in with Susanne and others on Fridays to look back over the week and find five things to be grateful for.

We were travelling on Friday so I didn't have time to post my list then so I'm playing catch up!  Big time!

When I signed up for the A-Z challenge I didn't factor in being away during the first week of it or life generally just getting in the way of being prepared for it so I'm grateful for Sundays when no A-Z post is due and I can catch my breath, catch up on other blogs and prepare for the next week.

But before all that I still want to list my Friday's Fave Five which are:

1)  Grateful for a short break in the Lake District with our daughter and family.  This was the first real break we've had since the pandemic began and it was so lovely to be able to feel normal again.

2)  Seeing the enjoyment on the grandchildren's faces while we were away.  Despite bad weather (it rained - a lot!) we were able to find things to do and I'm grateful to be able to spend so much time with them.

3)  A lovely evening enjoying a tasting menu at a restaurant.  This was gifted to us by our daughter and DIL.  I wrote about it in detail here.

4)  Lots of books bought from charity shops while we were away:


Not sure when I'll find time to read them all but I couldn't resist a bargain!

5)  Another lovely meal out on our overnight stop on the way home.  We stopped over in Bakewell which is very much aimed at tourists but we found a lovely restaurant tucked away a little bit that fortunately had a cancellation we took advantage of and so glad we did.  The food was excellent.

I had a prawn soufflĂ© to start, followed by chicken in a mushroom sauce and finished up with a sticky toffee pudding tart that actually defeated me as I couldn't quite finish it.

One thing I've learned is knowing when to stop when eating out.  There have been times in the past when I've forced myself to finish things because it seems a shame to waste them but I end up regretting it because the discomfort from feeling over full is just not worth it.

Anyway here are the obligatory food pics:



Not my best photography and I'd dipped my spoon in the soufflĂ© before I remembered to take a photo!

Just a few good memories from our time away.

Hope you're all having a good weekend.  The sun is shining here and Hubby is cooking breakfast.  What more could I want?



9 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying the Alice meme, grin. I thought about doing something like that--but y'all really think I was cuckoo for cocoa puffs (grin). It's a tad bit nippy here in Central Florida this morning, but it will warm up to the mid 70's today. Have a beautiful day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a tad nippy where we were last week - we had frost lol.

      Delete
  2. LOVE when my hubby cookes breakfast. Of course it's usually filled with cholesterol and fat so....hahah....

    How fun and what a blessing to be able to have a weekend away with your grands and daughter. Treasure the memory making even with all the rain. We've had a few days of it too but it's badly needed as our area didn't get as much snow this winter as we usually do.

    HAPPY PALM SUNDAY!! HOSANNA TO THE KING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a nice week ! The Lake District is so beautiful, Dario and Marieken spent their honeymoon there ! In Belgium now, if you can't finish your plate you have to take it home as doggy bag, that's a good idea because sometimes you can eat the next day so much it was. Of course not two peas ! I have no travel in view I had cancelled my wellness weekend, I would be too stressed to go away and not be available Rick is worse and worse !and tomorrow he will be 81 ! Unfortunately his life stopped 3 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only left a little bit so it wasn't worth getting a doggy bag.

      Delete
  4. Wendy, you are making me hungry. ;-) Happy new week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food looks delicious! I am so glad you had such a nice time away!! You are blessed to have those kiddos close by. xo

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.