Friday 29 April 2022

Friday's Fave Five - 29th April 2022



It's Friday again so time to reflect on the week and find five things to be grateful for and join up with other bloggers here at Susanne's site.

1)  A birthday party for Grandson Nathan.  He turned 5 back on 31st March but his party took place last weekend after the school holiday so that his school friends were more likely to be around and able to attend.  His last two birthdays were during lockdowns so were much quieter events.  This one was a go kart party and took place in a nearby school sports hall.  Unfortunately my daughter went down with Covid a couple of days before so she wasn't able to be at the party but our DIL, Nanny and Grandpa were there and my son, his wife and boys were there too.  Plus the staff providing the go karts and other activities were very helpful with setting up and clearing away.

Everyone seemed to have a good time and Nathan certainly enjoyed himself.


2)  Lunch with my youngest son Michael.  On Sunday I met up with Michael for Sunday lunch at a restaurant in the city.  It was my Christmas present from him and his family and it was a 3 course meal, including the traditional roast dinner.  I had mackerel pate to start, roast beef for my main and a lemon posset with raspberries for dessert.  The nicest thing though was just being able to spend some quality with him.  Too often when I'm picking up Vinny or dropping him off we're like ships that pass in the night and when the whole family come here it's hard to chat with the kids running around.

3)  Some decorating done!  Not by us I hasten to add.  Our neighbour used to work as a painter and decorator and although he is now retired all his 3 sons are carrying on the business.  Anyway 2 of them were here this week and our 2 guest bedrooms are now looking a lot nicer.  We haven't got the furniture back in yet but once I'm organised I'll post some pictures.  Really pleased with their work and they were such pleasant workers to have in the house.

4)  Good news from an extended family member who has been undergoing chemo recently.  Her blood test results were a lot better this week so now she's having a break from chemo.

5)  I've made it to the end of the A-Z challenge and haven't missed a day.  This is a blogging challenge that lasts throughout April (excluding Sundays) and involves doing posts based on each letter of the alphabet.  The last day is actually tomorrow but my post is already done and scheduled to post early tomorrow morning.  I'm thankful for all the nice comments I've had on the posts and apologise for not doing so much commenting of my own during this time - it's been a bit hectic.

Have a good weekend all.

8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your list. Love the pictures. Sorry for covid hitting (will we ever be done with it?). Your gift of dinner with your son is brilliant! Have a good weekend, Wendy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, Nathan is already 5 years old !! It reminds me the birthdays for Toby which we had done in a "Kid's factory" with all kind of things to climb on to hide, to jump and then the birthday cake, but at least it was not in our house ! Imagine 15 kids from 3 years old ! Rick was the leader and amused himself as much as the kids, while helicopter son was watching with eagle eyes that his treasure Toby didn't fall ! Congratulation to make it through the whole alphabet and what a good idea to take Alice !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes parties are very different from when I was doing them for my kids.

      Delete
  3. Nathan is growing up! Happy Birthday to him!
    I am sorry we didn't meet up in London. But I see you were busy on the one day we were there. A lunch with your son is a wonderful wonderful way to spend your day.
    Yay for redecorating done!
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it might be difficult to co-ordinate everything. You seemed to have a very full schedule lol

      Delete
  4. How fun that Nathan got a great birthday celebration with his friends this year. How fun that you were able to finally have that Christmas present lunch. Glad your family member is getting that break from chemo. Praying the treatments work and she'll have her health restored.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.