Wednesday 6 April 2022

A-Z challenge 2022 - E is for Ella

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

Welcome to the conversations in my head with my friend Alice, previously seen in my 2019 A-Z posts and loosely based on Alice in Wonderland.  At least that's the plan.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right if we’re going to do this A-Z thingy then we ought to start being more co-operative Wendy.  I gather E is for Ella so you should tell me more about her.

Um Alice you do realise it’s very early in the morning don’t you.

Yep and I know, you still don’t do mornings and certainly not before a cup of tea but tough.  If we’re doing this thing together it’s on my terms or not at all.  And as we’re only on letter D there are a lot of chats to get through.  Besides after the stunt you pulled yesterday you deserve to be woken early to get these posts done.

Okay Alice I’ll play this your way.  Ella is Grandchild #6 and the last of the 3 born during the lockdown.  She’s also the first Granddaughter so we now have a five a side football team and a referee.

There you go again Wendy, being so presumptuous and politically incorrect.  Ella might well want to play football with the boys, not referee their squabbles over off side rules etc.

And if that’s what she wants I’m sure it will happen.

Well if she gains a muse like me she’ll be fine. 

Oh I don’t think she’ll be listening to any muse Alice.  She’s already showing signs of being very determined and knowing what she wants and definitely what she doesn’t want.  Although she’s quite a Mummy’s girl at times.

Well she’s hardly going to be a Daddy’s girl when she has 2 Mummies.  But let’s not get into being politically correct again.  I can’t keep up with all the changes to how people want to be addressed.  I see the A-Z team are going with the flow though.  Did you list your preferred pronoun Wendy?

I did.

Yes well you usually do as you’re told Wendy.

Unlike you Alice.  I really do not like doing early mornings.

But you were talking to Hubby Nick about needing to improve your sleep and being better at getting up in the mornings so I just thought I’d help out.  Although I haven’t seen any signs of doing things to improve your health.

It’s hard to make changes when you’ve got (another) rotten cold and cough but if you really want to help Alice you could stop keeping me awake at nights.

Er excuse me it was actually Ella who was responsible for sleepless nights recently and I know it was because she was poorly and you had to look after Nathan overnight because Ella was at the hospital but I can hardly be blamed for that.

Yes it was all a bit worrying but she’s better now.

Mmm that’s the problem with us kids, we’re down one minute and then bouncing off the ceiling.

Well I’ll thank you to refrain from bouncing off the ceiling Alice.  Just remember where you are.

I can always remember where I am Wendy because you never stop reminding me!

Well I’m glad you know your place Alice.  And right now it’s the back of my mind because I need more sleep!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting story!!

    Hopping in from the A-Z community,
    Dream
    https://thedreamgirlwrites.wordpress.com/a-z-2022/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ella will be just fine, whatever she wants to do!! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.