Wednesday 8 April 2020

20 in 20 March Update

Well I had no idea when I made this plan that a huge curveball was going to be thrown into the mix.  We'll all certainly remember 2020.  Life is vastly different at the moment.  I debated about doing this update as March saw the Corona virus starting to spread rapidly and measures put in place to curb it.

But keeping to a routine during these times is important so here's the March update:

1. Fill out weekly/daily planner
I'm still keeping this up and it's more important than ever at the moment to help with organising meals and cleaning routines.


2. Garden projects: Get window boxes for front garden plus big planters. Stepping stones for rear garden.
I've done the window boxes in the front garden but of course we're not doing any new projects as we (were) trying to move.  Now the gardener can't come I will have to keep everything under control.


3. Plan a lunch date/date night with Nick once a month (theatre/cinema/meal/outing)
Well our dates now consist of a daily walk together while it's still allowed.  I think I might have to get a bit more inventive.


4. Eat at 6 new-to-me restaurants
With restaurants closed for the foreseeable future this might not get completed any time soon.


5. Complete the A – Z blogging challenge
A work in progress! 

6. Plan Family weekend for my birthday
Well at this rate all we'll be doing is co-ordinating a time to have a "house party" on the internet.  I can't see the lockdown ending anytime soon.

 

7. Take up an exercise class
Well I might if I could!  Yes I know you're probably all shouting "what about all the online ones?"  but I really can't find the motivation right now.


8. Plan a road trip/holiday with hubby.
Hopefully one day!


9. Visit the beach
At some point!


10. Complete my reading challenge (52 books for the year)
I struggled to concentrate on reading last month but I did manage to finish 4 books so I'm still on track for this. Full details can be found on my Goodreads page here.


11. Keep a gratitude diary
March was not a good month for this.  I need to focus on it more!



12. Blog at least once per week (plus regular memes)
March was quite a good month in terms of the number of posts.  But then we have had a lot of time on our hands.


13. Take a photo each week and blog about it.
Going to plan.

 
14. Read 12 books on my TBR pile.
No progress on this during March.


15. Finish knitting WIP (blanket of squares)
Still not finished the WIP but now I've started knitting another blanket!  The fact that I'm knitting is a plus for me.


16. Try out a new recipe or do a bake each month 

Not in March!  ❌

17. Visit/see Noah every month
We haven't seen him since 29th February.  They were supposed to be here at the end of March for Nathan's birthday but of course that didn't happen.  Who knows when we'll see them next but at least we can keep in touch thanks to technology.


18. Get damp treatment done in house
Hopefully this will be a non-starter now that we've decided to move but if we have to wait too long for a buyer we may just have to get this done anyway.

19. Maintain weight
Well despite being stressed I've actually managed this one.  I think one thing that's helped is that we've switched dinner from being an evening meal, often quite late, to being an afternoon meal and then we'll just have a snack later.


20. Be kind to myself. Whilst I think it's good to set myself challenges sometimes life gets in the way or I just have days where I really can't be bothered. I need to accept this and not be hard on myself when things don't go to plan.
I'm definitely doing this at the moment!





1 comment:

  1. Four months in and you are already checking things off - even in these trying times! Good for you, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.