Friday 3 April 2020

Fridays Fave Fives - 3/4/20


We are on day 11 of Lock Down here in the UK.  In these difficult times it's even more important to take a breath from time to time and be positive.  That's why this meme hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story is a lovely place to come and share our gratitude and positivity.  Check out the link above to find who else is taking part.

Here are mine:

1)  Communications!  Honestly trying to keep up with all the Whatsapp posts, Facetimes, memes, Facebook etc is eating up so much time.  But it's wonderful to be able to keep up with the family and know we're all ok.  And some of the humerous posts definitely bring smiles which we need right now and then there are the puzzles that keep the brain ticking.  I love it all apart from the reason behind why we suddenly have all this time!

2)  Food delivery!  We haven't actually been struggling with food but I managed to grab a couple of online shopping delivery slots before it got impossible to get one.  Seriously it's harder than finding toilet paper.  Anyway the first came today and I have another one booked for the week after next.  We are definitely ok.

3)  A hubby that cooks.  I know I've sung his praises on this before but right now he's taken on all the cooking while I organise the shopping,  cleaning etc.  In theory he's working from home 3 days a week but in reality he doesn't have a great deal of work at the moment so he's happy to do all the cooking.

4)  A fantastic NHS service, armed forces and other key workers.  These are challenging times but they just get on with it.  A new hospital has been built near us in the space of 2 weeks to cope with the crisis.  A temporary mortuary is also being built.  Food shops are open for business.  This really could be so much worse.  Of course statistically it is getting worse.  We haven't hit the peak yet but I'm grateful to live in a country that already has a great infrastructure in place and is now expanding it to meet the current need.

5)  Good weather and longer days.  Our clocks went forward last week so we now have lighter evenings.  The weather has been good too.  We've managed to go for a walk each day, later in the day when it's quieter.

This weekend is promising to be warmer too.  Of course that might tempt people to go out for longer or travel to places to walk but the clear message here is, Stay at Home, Protect the NHS, Save Lives.  Hopefully everyone will do their bit.

Stay well.

And a bonus one - chocolate!  Our online deliveries have been limited to 80 items and there was the suggestion that you should only be shopping for essential items - some supermarkets had even closed aisles that they felt weren't essential - but I managed to keep within the limit and get some chocolate!



9 comments:

  1. I am working from home. Since my job involves keeping up the rolling news breaks, I have no escape from the depressing numbers that are coming in every day.
    But I am trying my best to take my focus away from this, and look elsewhere to relax.
    By this month's blogging is all about that.
    Thank you for reading my blog posts.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate! I didn't mention it in my FFFs, but a family member sent us sea salt dark chocolate bars. {insert heart symbol here}
    The Professor does most of our cooking. I'm so blessed, too.
    Can you get out in your garden and soak up sunshine?
    Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fortunately we have no problem with food supply or deliveries. And there are enough very well equipped hospitals so there is still room for people in need of intensive care. Only masks are missing !! I wouldn't be so sure concerning your nr 4 the great infrastructure, If you can get the Euronews channel you will hear other things about the UK ! That's a TV channel which is very neutral. Keep up you good mood and you are right we really need some humour !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    Our weather is getting warmer each day as well. I was able to work in the garden yesterday, it felt wonderful!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things there sound very similar to what we are experiencing here. I haven't tried placing a grocery order yet. We are still able to go shopping but we have 4-5 more weeks ahead of us, if not more. I may try a pick-up order next week. Stay well!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a typical week during this time. My husband went back to his volunteer job with gloves and mask on this past week. When I shop I just take wipes, gloves and mask with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting that stores aren't selling the unnecessary items. I think we would do well to adopt that here. It would be safer for delivery people if only necessities were ordered online and through the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about communications--in some ways we have had more as we've touched base with friends and family. But I am so glad we have these means to do so. Chocolate is absolutely an essential! :-) So nice of your husband to cook. Mine has been taking on the shopping and then grilled a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay for Chocolate!! A MUST have...add a glass of wine and it's even better ! :)
    how wonderful that your hubby cooked for you. Mine does once in a great while. His work day is MUCH longer than mine so I do the brunt of it. I don't mind.....as soon as it gets warmer we will be cleaning off the gas grill and grilling his meat and my veggies! yay!!

    Enjoy the week......

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.