Saturday 18 April 2020

Review: The Evidence Against You

The Evidence Against YouThe Evidence Against You by Gillian McAllister

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's the day her father will be released from jail. Izzy English has every reason to feel conflicted - he's the man who gave her a childhood filled with happy memories. But he has also just served seventeen years for the murder of her mother.

Now, Izzy's father sends her a letter. He wants to talk, to defend himself against each piece of evidence from his trial. But should she give him the benefit of the doubt? Or is her father guilty as charged, and luring her into a trap?



My first book from this author but I'll be looking out for more of her books. Isabelle English is conflicted. You're supposed to love your Father. But what if he's just served 17 years for murdering your Mother? And what if he claims he's innocent?

The book details Isabelle's attempts at trying to find out what really happened on the night her mother was killed and the true nature of her parents marriage. I enjoyed the book because it has twists and turns and, I think, portrays the conflicted emotions Izzy has.

It's creepy at times. What if her Father's lying? And if he's not, who really killed her Mother? But it kept me gripped. I think it glossed over a little bit the intervening years of Izzy's life and her own marriage but they were secondary to the plot.

The outcome was also unexpected.


View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I am always happy when a book surprises me! Too often I figure it all out before the last few chapters. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.