Saturday 25 April 2020

Book Review - Hello from the Gillespies - Monica McInerney

Hello from the Gillespies: Get ready for Christmas with this feel-good festive readHello from the Gillespies: Get ready for Christmas with this feel-good festive read by Monica McInerney

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Angela Gillespie's annual Christmas letter has always been full of her family's triumphs.

But this year she surprises everyone, including herself - because she tells the truth . . .

Angela's husband is in the throes of a mid-life crisis. Her daughters are more out of control than ever. And her youngest child spends all of his time talking to an imaginary friend.

And as the repercussions of her ruthlessly honest letter begin to pile up, a shocking event takes Angela from her family, and she realises that perhaps she should have been more careful of what she wished for . . .


If you want a nice, easy, heartwarming read, especially during lockdown then this could be the book for you. Plenty of humour and definitely uplifting.  And don't be put off by the Christmas reference - you could read it anytime.


View all my reviews

6 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving comments. I actually think I might really like this book. Ha - it might be very appropriate for me to read since I have been sending out a family Christmas letter for years. I hope things are going well for your family during this crazy time. I will be stopping by again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy and fun reads are always welcome. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must check this out. Thanks for putting this up.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.