Friday 24 April 2020

Friday's Fave Five - 24/4/20


 

We are on day 32 of Lock Down here in the UK due to Covid-19.  In these difficult times it's even more important to take a breath from time to time and be positive.  That's why this meme hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story is a lovely place to come and share our gratitude and positivity.  Check out the link above to find who else is taking part.
 
Here are mine:

1)  Online shopping.  Since the lockdown started we've only ventured out a couple of times to our local corner shop when we've needed milk.  We were lucky enough to book online grocery deliveries before it got really difficult so we've coped ok.  It might get a bit trickier over the next couple of weeks as we don't have another grocery delivery booked until 13th May but we'll manage.  Today though I managed to order some more bird food and a birthday present for my daughter online and this evening a delivery of wine arrived that hubby had ordered.  I think our shopping habits may well be changed forever.

2)  Good weather.  It's been warm and sunny this week and today I managed to get the patio tidied up a bit, the tables and chairs washed down and the parasol out.  Hopefully this won't be taken as a rain dance!

3)  We've got through another week and we're all safe and well.

4)  Better motivation this week - I've kept on top of the household chores and managed to add in things like cleaning the oven.  

5)  This: 




My DIL has found this whole Covid-19 situation very stressful.  They have stayed home since the lockdown began.  Social distancing in places like London is tricky.  Today they took a short drive to a quiet outdoor space that had been recommended to them.  I think it did them the world of good and hopefully they'll get out there more in future.

There seems to be no end in sight to our lockdown at the moment.  The next review isn't until early May and there have been no announcements about any plans the Government might have for easing restrictions.  Even when they do come I'm sure many people will be like me - wary of putting myself at risk of contracting this disease.  But I would like to be able to give family members a hug.  Having had so much time with our Grandsons before this it's hard having to make do with video calls and getting lots of photos etc and messages but then I try and remind myself that I'm actually fortunate - many grandparents have always had to rely on that as they don't live close to their families.   For me personally things could be so much worse.  I'm grateful that they're not.

 

7 comments:

  1. Things are easing a bit here over the next couple of weeks. I will still be cautious and hope others are too. I can only imagine how hard it is to not see your grandkids when you are used to seeing them all the time. This too will pass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think #3 is the best--safe and sound and well. So much to be thankful for.
    I think we may see some loosening of rules in early May as our county hasn't had the problems LA County has had even though we are 'next door'. Our parks and beaches are open but with distancing required.
    I couldn't see the picture in your last fave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it was a pic of my daughter, DIL and Nathan out in the sunshine. They found a golf course where they could walk and maintain social distancing.

      Delete
  3. I agree with #1. It's been so nice having things delivered, I have no desire to go back to the stores at this point. Except for the garden store, I'm really itching to go browse there for plants and such. Our stay-at-home has been extended again until May 9th. Most people are in favor of it, as am I. However, my appointment for a haircut was on May 8th, so I guess I'll be waiting a while longer! Small price to pay for staying safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here in New York State things are just beginning to ease up ( don't believe everything you read on the news especially social media platforms like Facebook). We CAN go outside and be safe. I go to my regular grocery store weekly although now we are required to wear a mask. I don't mind as i could be asymptotic and not know it. Most people here in upstate NY are complying very well with Cuomos regulations. Some public schools are closed until Sept while ours is closed until may15 at least, at which time we will find out more. We are praying we can open in time for Summer School in July as my students are in crisis ( many of them). It's so tough teaching remotely to preschoolers. The NYC folk are still coming up here to hike, open their summer homes and they have been told to stay down there, I'm actually hoping they will start fining people for not complying but i bet they won't.

    It's good to get outside and get fresh air!! Glad your grandsons can do that.

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your rain dance comment made me laugh out loud. I cleaned up the deck furniture too last weekend. Glad to hear you are safe and well. I can't imagine not seeing the grandkids. Hopefully soon you'll be giving them all the hugs they'll take. We haven't done the delivery thing yet as there is such a wait. They announced this last week that all gatherings of 15 or more people will be cancelled to the end of August here in Alberta. Though it is no surprise as they don't want people to get overly confident and then start a second wave, it is still sad. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our state just released a three phase plan beginning May 1. The first one doesn't look much different except some businesses are allowed to open that haven't been. But it opens up other businesses and allows bigger gatherings every 28 days. My husband and I will probably keep doing what we're doing (mostly staying home) since we're both in at-risk groups. I'm concerned about a second wave of infections, yet I understand the need to start somewhere to open things back up again.

    We've had some nice social-distanced visits outside with our grandson and his family, but it's sure not the same as a family meal and hugs. He's old enough to understand--with real little ones, I am sure they'd be confused by seeing grandparents yet not being able to go to them. I'm thankful for FaceTime calls, too.

    We do a lot of online shopping for clothes, home needs, and gift-giving. I love the convenience. I've gotten a bit more done at home the last few days, too. It does help mentally to get to some of those things.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.