Saturday 11 April 2020

J is for Joy (A-Z Challenge 2020)



In January of this year my hubby and I decided that it was time to move on to the next stage of our lives and move house.  I deliberated long and hard about whether it was a good move to take part in the A-Z Challenge this year (pun intended) given that we could be very busy, but decided on balance that having something to focus on might not be a bad idea.  Of course the decision on a theme was much easier to make – Moving House!  


Then Covid-19 put a stop to any ideas of moving so I’ve had to regroup and rethink my posts.  Which means I’m not as prepared as I’d liked to have been but here goes:


J is for Joy

With both the houses we've lived in since we married I knew straightaway when we found the right house.  The first house took us a while to find but once we did it was fairly plain sailing to get the process completed.  

Our current house was also a quick decision for me, hubby took a bit longer to be convinced and it took a bit longer to get everything completed as our buyers had a struggle to get their mortgage finalised.

Who knows how long it will take us to find a new home in the current circumstances, but hopefully it will be one that brings us joy.

Of course one of the things we will need to do is clear out stuff that we don't need to take with us, although I'm reluctant to do that at the moment as there is no way of disposing of things.  
A while back I read the Marie Kondo book on how to be tidy and organised.  

Some of her ideas about storage were useful but she also advocates getting rid of anything that doesn't bring you joy.  That might be a tall order. 

My worry is that when the worst of Covid 19 is over and things start getting back to normal,  we will suddenly find ourselves with a house and a completed chain and everyone will want things to move quickly and there won't be enough time to sort through our stuff and we'll end up taking more with us than we want or need.  We are supposed to be downsizing after all.

At the moment though joy will be all of us getting through these difficult times in one piece and being able to see this lot and give them a real hug!


5 comments:

  1. Yes, joy takes on a completely different meaning at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That it such a joy-filled photo of your kiddos! I agree with you on knowing which house was just right. That has been true for me with every house we bought. We just know!! Easter blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew right away about our house too because part of it reminded me of the house I grew up in as a kid. Now I wish we would have found a house with a fireplace but after 23 years, I'm still happy here.

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful family photo. Joy is in every small moment together (by phone or whatever). Stay safe.
    AtoZ blogs review

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being together is a great joyful moment.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.