Wednesday 1 April 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 1/4/20




Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
From this side of the pond 

If you want to take part or just see what others have posted pop over to Joyce's page - the Linky List is at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.

(If you've landed here expecting an A-Z post you'll find it here.)

Here are this week's questions: 

1. Has spring sprung in your part of the world? How can you tell? Did March come in like a lion where you live? Going out like a lamb or something more ferocious?
Spring has sprung - we have flowers in the gardens, it's been sunny over the past week.  March has been pretty quiet though.

2. The last thing that caused you to spring to your feet?
Probably my alarm going off reminding me to move!

3. Do you have a spring clean to-do list? What's one chore on the list you've already managed to accomplish? What spring clean chore do you most dread?
Not so much of a spring cleaning list but more of a house clearing list in preparation for moving.  Well at least that was the plan before Covid-19.  We've done some sorting in the cellar which was ok.  I'm not looking forward to clearing out the loft.


4. Tell us something you've learned about yourself or the wider world as a result of social distancing/the virus crisis.
Mostly a "we can do this attitude" but unfortunately some people always choose to do their own thing.

5. Something you love that's the color pink?
Roses

6. Insert your own random thought here. 
Social distancing and being locked down is hard.  I'm really missing my family especially my grandkids BUT life could actually be much worse.  For a glass half empty sort of person I'm trying really hard to stay positive.  We've got it easy really.   It's improving community spirit and hopefully that will continue after this virus has been defeated.

Stay safe and well everyone.

18 comments:

  1. Being locked down is hard! Harder than I thought it would be since home is my favorite place in the world. I miss being able to see people, go to church, going shopping with shelves stocked etc. etc.

    Stay well! Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy,
    I know the feeling of not being able to see family.
    Stay well,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad for the change in temperature here and the ability to be outdoors, yet still away from people. I think we're in for a long haul and I hope people can maintain what's required. A friend of mine's daughter just had her first baby today (their first grandchild) and they can't go see him in person : ( So many disappointments every which way you turn except up. I am trying to keep my eyes looking up. Stay well! I will read along with your A-Z this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce. Yes not seeing family is hard but it could be worse.

      Delete
  4. Our house is sold !! and I have to apartments in view, but I am as you locked in and besides the paper work can't do anything else. Sorting out or spring cleaning, no, because where I should put the junk ? I try to make the best out of it. Each two day we meet, and Riccardo goes once a week to a friend. Otherwise we are confined and I become more and more lazy. Can't visit the apartments, but called already and left my name and phone nr. Keep it going ! I always have a half full glass, Riccardo always half empty !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we need to keep our glasses full of wine at the moment lol

      Delete
  5. We can do this. I do hope we all take away a lot of new good habits when this is over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not seeing family is the worst part about this crisis, especially grandchildren!
    Stay well and safe.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too hope that the good that's been happening in communities and in families will continue when this is over. I hope people are learning not just fearing. Happy Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Had to chuckle at your answer about the alarm clock making you spring up. I removed almost all of the alarms from my phone; however, I do have a 6am one to help me get up, work out, and start knocking out some of the things on my teaching to-do list. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Missing family and friends is the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes but we keep in touch with Facetime etc.

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.