Wednesday 15 April 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge 15/4/20

Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
From this side of the pond 

If you want to take part or just see what others have posted pop over to Joyce's page - the Linky List is at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.

(If you've landed here expecting an A-Z post you'll find it here.)

1. In Monday’s post I mentioned I would incorporate the word I was given for letter K into this week’s questions. That word was karaoke. On a scale of 1-10 how excited would you be to find out there was karaoke happening at your next gathering/outing with friends? 10=gimme that microphone!, and 1=I suddenly remembered there’s somewhere else I need to be. Have you ever actually done karaoke? If you had to perform karaoke what would be your ‘go-to’song?

I would be down at a 3 or 4.  When our extended family gets together in August there is usually at least one karaoke session and it's hard not to get roped in to do a song, hopefully with a few other people though.  I don't have a go to song because I do this so rarely.
2. How do you listen to music these days? Favorite app or do you listen the old fashioned way? Do you have music playing often in your home? Is there still a CD player in your car?


I actually don't listen to music that much - well I listen to hubby playing music sometimes which is on a record deck (yes he still has records!) but the place I probably listen most is in the car.  We have a CD player in the car that holds 6 CDs so that's plenty for a long journey.

3. The HP lands on US tax day this year. Or what used to be tax day before everything including filing your taxes was cancelled, delayed, postponed or extended. FYI- filing your taxes has not been cancelled, only delayed for a bit.

Besides staying away from anyone and everyone, what have you found taxing lately?



Can I say being in the house 24/7 with hubby? lol  Actually for the most part we've been fine.  There have been a few little grumbles but having been happily married for nearly 36 years helps.  It's just that I like having the house to myself at times.  We have a good compromise usually - he works 3 days a week and he goes out 2 or 3 evenings a week so I usually have lots of quiet time.  Now there is none of that.  I could go for my daily walk on my own but we tend to do that together - I know if he didn't come with me he probably wouldn't go at all.  Maybe it's a good thing we didn't manage to downsize before all this happened, at least we still have plenty of space so we aren't really under one another's feet.



4. You’re without power so no oven, and you can’t open your frig or freezer in order to keep what’s in there from spoiling. And you don’t have access to take out. What will you make us for dinner?


Well I could certainly throw together a pasta or rice dish - we always have jars of sauces stocked, plus plenty of canned goods and not all my veg would be in the fridge.  I even managed to make a white sauce with dried milk the other day which actually tasted fine.  


5.  I’ve seen this exercise going around Facebook and thought it would be a good one to include in the HP...what are five things everybody seems to love and go crazy for that you personally don’t care for?


Oh I'm probably going to sound like a real grump here:
  • Reality shows.  Just not my thing.
  • Funny videos that show mishaps that actually look dangerous or painful.  How is that funny?
  • Instagram accounts that are all about dressing up pets.
  • The latest fitness regimes/diet fads - the ones that last about 5 minutes and have no real health benefits
  • Fireworks

Yep I'm a grump lol!

6.  Insert your own random thought here. 

I might sound grumpy but actually I'm managing to stay pretty grounded despite this being Day 25 of lockdown for us.  It helps being able to keep in touch with these 3 via photos and chats:

Nathan "reading" to Mummy  (Those curls are going to be soooo long lol)

Rory happy with the "book" (card) I sent him.
and Noah still insisting it's Christmas!  (If only)

 

12 comments:

  1. Still being able to cook during a power outage would be great! Rice and pasta sounds like an excellent option.

    I'm so glad we have technology that makes that we're able to stay in touch even as we have to stay apart.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was with you on your list until you said fireworks : ) Those curls are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad for all the ways of staying in touch during this crisis. It seems like many more people are walking now since it is one of the only things we are allowed to do outside of our homes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mention of records made me feel nostalgic. My parents had quite the collection that the got rid of (ie. goodwill) when they downsized just assuming my brother and I didn't want them. I cried. I used to sing along to many many of them. Barry Manilow, The Carpenters, etc... I chuckled when you mentioned being glad you hadn't downsized so you still had space to yourself...heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the fireworks, Wendy. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a real fan of fireworks as well.
    Stay Safe my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I'm with you for most of the things you are not a fan of. Glad you are managing being together for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the thing about the Instagram accounts for people who dress up their pets. I can't figure it, either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Precious little grands! I am with you on the reality shows and those funniest videos that aren't the least bit funny to me. I can't believe you actually know its day 25 of shutdown. I would have had no idea if asked. Hubby and I have adjusted very well to being together 24/7 and in fact, have really enjoyed our time together. Who would have known!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We still have all of our records, too. I love the music of the 70's!
    Kathy(Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww . . . what sweet babies! I had to agree with most of the things you listed as far as not being into. I do like some reality TV, but not the dating shows. Those make me want to puke. I also do not believe in diet fads. Being healthy is a lifestyle! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those kiddos are so adorable!! I'm with you on reality shows and don't think you are a grump!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.