Wednesday 22 April 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 22/4/20

Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
From this side of the pond 

If you want to take part or just see what others have posted pop over to Joyce's page - the Linky List is at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.

(If you've landed here expecting an A-Z post you'll find it here.)


1. What's something you resolved to do this year? Have you done it?
Well I set myself a 20 in 20 challenge (link above) and I was doing reasonably well.  Some of these will be affected by the lockdown situation but hopefully I'll hit a few of these targets.  One of the targets was to take part in the A-Z Challenge this month and I'm determined to get to the end.  I only have a few posts left to write.

2. Where do you go to find quietude?
I'm lucky that with Hubby still working part time I'm often in the house on my own so finding quietude is easy.  I can also take myself off for a walk quite easily from the house and one place I do go to occasionally is the cemetery where my grandparents are buried and my parents ashes are.  It's usually quiet in there, although sometimes there are burials taking place with lots of singing.  Lovely but not quiet.

3. A friend asked this question on her Facebook page and said I could borrow it for the Hodgepodge...you're only allowed to buy 5 things at the grocery store, and all must start with the first letter of your first name. Whatcha' buying?
Beginning with W?  Really?  How long have I got?
Weetabix
Wotsits
Wine
Watercress
Washing powder

4. The television show Survivor, the Gloria Gaynor song 'I Will Survive', survival mode, survival of the fittest...pick one and discuss.
Has to be the song.  Doesn't everyone love that song?  Great karaoke number.  (Not into reality shows, if only the fittest survive it won't be me although I guess we're all in survival mode at the moment.)

5. Share a favorite quote or saying about strength.
Well nothing sprang to mind so I googled this one:
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

6. Insert your own random thought here.
Sharing some good news in these troubled times - I'm going to be a Nanny again - twice over.  2 of my DILs are expecting babies - both due on 21st October!  They could end up being cousin twins!  Very exciting.

5 comments:

  1. You did great on the grocery list challenge! Wow, both grandbabies due on the same date! That's incredible and so exciting. Do they live near one another so that they will grow up together? Wouldn't that be fun. Great idea to go to the cemetery. I might do that just to get out and walk somewhere with no traffic. So peaceful. Have a wonderful week, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on those two little blessings coming into your life! Happy Hodgepodge to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be neat if the cousins were born on the same day! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun Hodgepodge this week! Too bad my Feedly account had one from 2013! Don't ask me how that could happen - never has before! Anyway, I enjoyed your answers, Wendy! Two new babies coming is SO exciting!! Your family is growing fast!! God bless them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very exciting about the babies. Oh my!!! I do hope they are born on the same day.
    I like your idea about walking to the cemetery.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.