Tuesday 14 April 2020

L is for Location (A-Z Challenge 2020)



In January of this year my hubby and I decided that it was time to move on to the next stage of our lives and move house.  I deliberated long and hard about whether it was a good move to take part in the A-Z Challenge this year (pun intended) given that we could be very busy, but decided on balance that having something to focus on might not be a bad idea.  Of course the decision on a theme was much easier to make – Moving House!  


Then Covid-19 put a stop to any ideas of moving so I’ve had to regroup and rethink my posts.  Which means I’m not as prepared as I’d liked to have been but here goes:


L is for Location

Location is definitely important when moving house.  Of course some people don't have much choice over that depending on the circumstances prompting their move.

For us location is important but the main reason for moving is to find a house that works better for us now, so we can cope when our expanded family visit, but will also work for us in the future as we get older.

We also want to remain close to family members so we're not looking to move very far away.  We're certainly not looking for a place "in the country".  Having been city dwellers all our lives I think that would take a lot of getting used to.

Of course at the moment, thanks to Covid-19, our only location is HOME!  We are still getting out for a walk each day but apart from that we are home.  It's a good thing we still like our house.

 

3 comments:

  1. Is there any chance that, when this is all over, you would decide not to move?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The C-19 has given you extra time to consider your move and what you really want. I hope you are still able to look at properties with the computer and don't lose the buyers you have!! Do keep us posted, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been looking much but have been notified of a couple of new properties listed. Can't imagine why anyone would list at the moment and none of them were suitable for us.

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.