Sunday 14 October 2018

14th October - 31 days - Ask

http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/


In an effort to get blogging on a regular basis it seems I need a challenge. I've opted to try and complete this one as it's only supposed to take 5 minutes each day. Of course it takes a bit longer than that to get the post presented how I want it but the content was done with a timer.

If you want to find out more, join in or just check out other participants click on the image above.

Today’s prompt is Ask and here's my 5 minutes' worth:

I’m struggling with this prompt. I was going to start by saying I’m not very good at asking for help but then I spotted that “help” appears as a prompt later in the month so I decided to rethink. So I’m asking myself what to write.

Some days are like that, I turn on the computer, go to my blog and then….nothing! Other days I could waffle on for ages and here’s a bit of waffle. When I started working at a school I struggled to get to grips with everything and would be constantly asking questions. I would start by saying “Ok, question #434”. The number was always random but always higher than the one before. It was aimed at lightening the feeling of being a nuisance although I was fortunate that my co-workers never made me feel stupid or that I was too much bother.

In a different example of questions, one of our favourite activities of the week is the Pub Quiz in our weekend paper. Hubby and I enjoy competing against one another to see who can answer the most questions. He usually does the asking and I probably get more right than him on average, mainly because he checks the answers as we go along and sometimes he catches sight of the next answer and he’s honest enough to admit it and forfeit the point! Just another reason I’m glad he asked me to marry him.

Well I'm going to be honest here too, that took more than 5 minutes.  It's been a busy weekend and my brain is tired.

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Wendy! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a blessing to have co-workers who don't make you feel dumb when you ask questions. I have the same kind of co-workers. Their example spurs me on to be the same.
    How fun to the newspaper quiz with your husband each week. I am hopeless at trivia.
    Reading your 5 minutes writes has been a fun way to get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.