And... it's 1st October today so here is my 18 in 18 September update.
1. Bake once per month (bread/cake/biscuits) I baked a cheesecake! Ok so not much baking involved and the recipe was really simple but it was delicious. (You can check it out here.)
2. Plant new flower bed and child proof garden NOT YET
3. Sort out magazines. More reading to be done!
4. Plan a lunch date/date night with Nick once a month (theatre/cinema/meal) FAIL
5. Eat at 4 new-to-me restaurants PREVIOUSLY COMPLETED
6. Complete the A – Z blogging challenge PREVIOUSLY COMPLETED
7. Plan a family weekend away for next year NOT YET
8. Walk at least 3 times per week FAIL - but I did have the excuse of an injured knee.
9. Visit my brother NOT YET
10. Visit my cousin NOT YET
11. Visit the beach PREVIOUSLY COMPLETED
12. Complete my reading challenge (52 books for the year) Way ahead - I only need to read 1 more!
In September I read:
Dead Line - Stella Rimington
Insidious Intent - Val McDermid
Camino Island - John Grisham
Our House - Louise Candlish
Plus the first 6 in a series of books by Cathy Woodman all based around vets and doctors in a Devon village.
Details and Reviews can be found on my Goodreads site.
13. Keep my bullet journal updated Total fail.
14. Blog at least once per week (plus regular memes) much better - I managed 22 blogs in September. Many of those were memes or book reviews but there were a few other posts in there too.
15. Take more photos FAIL
16. Update my wardrobe . Previously completed
17. Do more crafting – update on blog Some progress made on babies blankets but nothing new to report.18. Try out a new recipe each week Well I didn't manage one every week but in one week I tried out 3 so getting back into the swing of planning ahead and being more adventurous.
A bit of a mixed report again. Some ups some downs. It's been a tricky month with my knee injury. Obviously I got a lot of reading done and more blogging but it wasn't a very productive month in other ways.
I think my report card would still say "Could do better"