Tuesday 16 October 2018

16th October - 31 days - Pray

http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/


In an effort to get blogging on a regular basis it seems I need a challenge. I've opted to try and complete this one as it's only supposed to take 5 minutes each day. Of course it takes a bit longer than that to get the post presented how I want it but the content was done with a timer.

If you want to find out more, join in or just check out other participants click on the image above.

Today’s prompt is Pray and here's my 5 minutes' worth:

I like to pray in private. Having converted to Catholicism I’ve done a lot of praying in public but I don’t find the time spent in church is always the best time for meaningful prayer. I like to form my prayers into a conversation that hopefully isn’t one sided. It’s hard because I don’t want to be asking for things or striking bargains so it usually starts by going through the (long) list of family members and looking at their needs or difficulties. Then I move on to issues that I’m aware of. That might be a current disaster or a political situation. I do listen to the news and with social media it’s hard to not be aware of current events.

Praying in this way helps me consider things from different viewpoints and I hope makes me more self-aware.

Well I didn't get much done in my five minutes today. I found it quite a difficult prompt to write about. It's also late, again, so a bit rushed. But having got past the half way mark I am determined to keep going with this challenge.

I had a lovely day with Nathan today. He managed to survive with just one nap which is the goal at the moment but it does mean he needs more attention. Fortunately it was a lovely day again for this time of year and we were able to take him out to the park.

He had fun on the swings and a slide and was happy to just walk about, especially as Grandpa was there too.





Apologies for not getting around to everyone's blogs at the moment. With visitors here it's been a bit hectic but the dogs in particular have made theirselves at home:




4 comments:

  1. Pray... yes, I have trouble with that in church too. Agreed! Nathan is such a doll! Cute picture of him and his grandpa!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may be busy but you are still on track to complete your challenge. Nathan looks a very happy baby. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost never feel the desire to really pray in church. Doesn't this sound odd? I pray when I am doing housework. I pray when I am driving, when I am out for a walk. I pray when I am making a meal (and not just for it's outcome!). Prayer seems to happen almost constantly for me.
    Your Nathan is a doll! I just got back from watching my granddaughter and grandson. What fun that was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently read a quote about prayer that said prayer is paying attention to God. It is as you said NOT a one sided conversation.
    I've found the following to be true about prayer as well and I appreciate that.
    "Praying in this way helps me consider things from different viewpoints and I hope makes me more self-aware."
    Hurray on writing more than half way.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.