Wednesday 31 October 2018

31st October - 31 days - Close

http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/

In an effort to get blogging on a regular basis it seems I need a challenge. I've opted to try and complete this one as it's only supposed to take 5 minutes each day. Of course it takes a bit longer than that to get the post presented how I want it but the content was done with a timer.

If you want to find out more, join in or just check out other participants click on the image above.

Today’s prompt is Close and here's my 5 minutes' worth:

Phew it’s been a close thing but I can almost say I completed this challenge. Well I did get to the end but a few posts edged over the midnight time line and one day got merged with the next. But over the month I did 30 posts!

I actually did more than 30 posts as I still managed to do a few regular posts including memes and book reviews. Go me!

I will admit that some days it felt like a chore and I was really glad to use the timer to keep my posts short and punchy. I’ve also not been great at checking out new blogs although there were a couple that I’ve added to my reading list.

Now I have to try and maintain the momentum. With the nights drawing in (our clocks went back this weekend) and the weather becoming colder it should be easier to snuggle up and get writing. In reality we have a trip coming up and blogging time will be limited. Once we get back it will be countdown to Christmas! Sorry to introduce that C word here on my blog already but it will soon be here. It’s getting close!


Phew, 5 minutes is not long! One thing I have learned is that taking up challenges like this needs planning. Early on I did schedule a couple of posts to get ahead of myself when I knew I was going to be busy but then I lapsed back into doing a post a day. That meant burning the midnight oil on several days and just missing the deadline anyway. These last few days were done and scheduled at the weekend when I had more time.

It’s definitely made me think about my approach to the A-Z challenge next year. Something I’ve already started on. I’m not saying any more about that just yet – I’ve been picked to do a guest post on the A-Z site which is due in January and will reveal more then.

If you’re a participant of the 31 days challenge reading this, well done on taking up the challenge and if you’re one of my regular readers thanks for following my journey.­­

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations ! You made it ! Now you can close challenge. I didn't participate only on Fridays I mean Saturdays. We also "fall" back an hour and I find it stupid, now it's dark in the morning and dark at 5 pm, where is the electricity saving ? I need light mornings and afternoons now. Apparently this will be the last time at least for the Europeans, with the Brexit I don't know I still don't believe it will happen. Would be bad for the next generation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Wendy. I don't think I could post for 31 consecutive days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you embrace these writing challenges and are so successful!! Congrats, Wendy!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.