Wednesday 10 October 2018

Review: Anything You Do Say

Anything You Do Say Anything You Do Say by Gillian McAllister
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Joanna is an avoider. So far she has spent her adult life hiding bank statements and changing career aspirations weekly.

But then one night Joanna hears footsteps on the way home. Is she being followed? She is sure it's him; the man from the bar who wouldn't leave her alone. Hearing the steps speed up Joanna turns and pushes with all of her might, sending her pursuer tumbling down the steps and lying motionless on the floor.

Now Joanna has to do the thing she hates most - make a decision. Fight or flight? Truth or lie? Right or wrong?

 
This was one of my book club choices and I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy the "sliding doors"* idea but it worked really well including the ending. I found myself reading it over one day. 

*The book follows 2 narratives based on the 2 alternative decisions Joanna could make.

View all my reviews


Woohoo!  This was my 52nd read of the year so my reading challenge for 2018 is done!  And it's only October so I'll be way past my target by the end of the year at this rate.  I have 2 books waiting for me at the library and don't intend slowing down.

I also need to get myself another log book.  Although I use Goodreads to keep an electronic log I also keep a paper version.  I got this from Amazon last year and it has space for 100 reviews.  I have 2 spaces left!






2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 52nd read! You are done with your goal with two more months (plus) to go!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.