Sunday 21 October 2018

21st October - 31 days - Start


http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/


In an effort to get blogging on a regular basis it seems I need a challenge. I've opted to try and complete this one as it's only supposed to take 5 minutes each day. Of course it takes a bit longer than that to get the post presented how I want it but the content was done with a timer.

If you want to find out more, join in or just check out other participants click on the image above.

Today’s prompt is Start and here's my 5 minutes' worth:

Sometimes it’s hard to know where to start, particularly with a task that you keep putting off. I’m good at that. Procrastination could be my middle name. (I don’t actually have a middle name.) Why do today something that can be done tomorrow?

The trouble is before you know where you are tomorrow has arrived and then the thing needed doing by yesterday. I veer from being very organised and planning out a timeline for tasks, to rushing around doing everything at the last minute. And that’s when everything seems to take longer than expected.

Cooking meals is a classic example. Why does the prep always take longer than the recipe says so that by the time you start the cooking process the meal is running late?

Probably because I’ve been doing something I want to do rather that something that’s not enjoyable. Procrastinating. When I should just start!

Well that's a stop because my timer went off.  Yes I am using a timer for these posts.  Particularly as I seem to have been racing against the clock (on the last few posts in particular) to get a post finished and published before midnight.  I've just missed the deadline the last 3 nights so today I was determined to succeed.  I was a bit worried though as we have been out all day celebrating the 60th birthday of one of Hubby's sisters.  We went for a tour of a Georgian mansion during the day and then back to her house for a meal.  Tonight I am babysitting Grandson Rory.  Fortunately he has been good so far (took a bottle and went to sleep) and I've managed to get this post done.  

Shh, don't wake the baby!

So I'm finishing now before he wakes up as his Mummy and Daddy will probably be quite late home and by the time I get home I'll have missed the deadline again!

1 comment:

  1. Another great post, Wendy, and best of all is the photo of that sleeping sweet baby!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.