Tuesday 30 October 2018

30th October - 31 days - Voice

http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/


In an effort to get blogging on a regular basis it seems I need a challenge. I've opted to try and complete this one as it's only supposed to take 5 minutes each day. Of course it takes a bit longer than that to get the post presented how I want it but the content was done with a timer.

If you want to find out more, join in or just check out other participants click on the image above.

Today’s prompt is Voice and here's my 5 minutes' worth:

I love that the blogging community allows me to have a voice. Admittedly sometimes that voice is quiet, for too long, life situations dictate how much time can be given to blogging and sometimes I don’t have anything worth saying.

That doesn’t stop me from talking though. I can always waffle on about my family and daily life even though they might not be interesting to others. (Although who can resist the cute photos of the Grandkids?)

Sometimes I wish I had more words to voice on current affairs and news. But social media can be an unforgiving platform at times especially on Facebook or Twitter. I do have a Twitter account but rarely use it. I try not to be constantly on my phone. Even there we use our voices less thanks to messaging and photo apps. And don’t get me started on e-mails. E-mail can be a very useful tool but it’s easy to misinterpret the tone of voice that was intended. People seem to get easily offended by e-mails. They definitely need to be read and read again before pressing the send button sometimes. My account has an unsend button but I’m often too slow to stop a mail going out that might be misconstrued!

That’s when voice to voice communication can be so much better. But in the meantime I’ll keep airing my voice on here in the hope that someone’s listening.

2 comments:

  1. I'm listening!! Good post, Wendy! I will always be listening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am here. And I enjoy your posts, Wendy. Thank you for sharing your heart.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.