Monday 29 October 2018

29th October - 31 days - Together

 http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/

In an effort to get blogging on a regular basis it seems I need a challenge.  I've opted to try and complete this one as it's only supposed to take 5 minutes each day.  Of course it takes a bit longer than that to get the post presented how I want it but the content was done with a timer.

If you want to find out more, join in or just check out other participants click on the image above.

Today’s prompt is Together and here's my 5 minutes' worth:
I struggled with what to put in this post.  I am lucky to have been together with my hubby for over 34 years.  I know that I am very fortunate to have found someone that I’ve been able to spend my life with and we’re still happy together. 

I’m also acutely aware that not everyone is that lucky, or if they do start out with someone things can go wrong.  People end up on their own for various reasons.  Some cope better than others at being alone.  I’m not sure how I would fare.

But even when we’re alone we can still come together.  For some of us that will be at work, others church or just in a shared activity.  Sometimes we come together in support of a cause.  Raising funds for charity or trying to make a change.  I am trying to be more aware of how I can make a difference environmentally.  I’m no saint but I use public transport more now than I ever did.  I try and recycle whenever I can and always try to remember to carry a bag or two so that I don’t have to get a plastic one from the supermarket. I try not to buy bottled water or waste food.  I'm trying to put less in the trash.


I know that, on their own, my little efforts won’t make much difference but if everyone worked together we can make a huge difference.  There definitely seems to be a desire to look after our planet more carefully than we have done up to now but we need to do it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.